Well going to order my gear, thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be ordering my gear as soon as I can, probably not till end of Feb. posting this, cause maybe with some input my change my mind on some gear.

RE Audio *** 6.5C 6.5" components
- Front and Rears

RE Audio SRX10D2 10" subs
-Going to run 3 10"s

Hifonics ZEUS ZXI150.4 1200w RMS
-will give me 300w per door @ 2ohm

Hifonics BRUTUS BRZ2100.1D Class D Monoblock
-will give me 2100w @ 1ohm

All my wiring will be KnuKoncepts, very good quality, very very well priced for what you get.

I will need to add 200-250amp alernator, and maybe one of those Soundstream BattCaps 600-1000amp.

Let me know what you think, Im really looking forward to running the RE Audio, since around here no body even really knows what RE Audio is!

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those components are great.

I can't say anything about the subs, I hear RE has gotten cheap with their new lines. I ran a 15'' RE SX a couple years ago. Seems like the 2007-before subs were great.

Hifoincs are great budget amps, you wont see 2100 out of that probably 1800-1900. I have ran a few different versions of their 1200d's and a 4 channel from them. Both with no issues ran the 1200's at 1 ohm daily never overheated.

Knu konceptz is good wiring. Alternator wise id look into either DC power or mechman (those are pretty much top 2 alt's when it comes to performance and good idle numbers). Mechman is a vender on caraudioclassifieds.org and he has random sales for fords/gm. More so GM's i got a 220 amp from him for 220 shipped. and it benches 238 amps peak/138 at idle. And dont forget to do the big 3.

Last edited:

tsarms

Reaction score
only thing I would suggest is a second battery w/isolater for extended playing time while engine is off.

Dvldogyut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy one of my amps in the classifieds section. They are bullet proof!!!! Alot better amp that the hifonics and can make alot more power! Don't let the ratings fool you.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
agree, get the IA20.1's, great amps, and agree, the RE woofers changed with AAmps bought them....older stuff was still hand built in Vegas back in the day by David Moore. That was good stuff.

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really trying to get the older RE Audio subs, like the logo they had in the middle of them. Heard that they where a really solid sub, could take alot of abuse (not that I want to). I have been really wanting to run those components!! So cant wait to hear them.

As for the Hifonics amps, the Hifonis Zeus and Brutus series are CEA-2006 compliant, which saying tht they are 100% accurate in specs and effiency according to toadys standards.. So hopefully this is true, I really like how they have designed these amps, both the brutus and zues match, and the wires are all tucked up nicely, making it easy to build a nice amp rack.. So hopefully..

All in all, will cost around $1400.00 for everything listed, minus the Knu stuff.

I think a second battery would be in the works too, its a toss up between the battcap and another optima, but defiently a new alt.

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to be going with some B-Quiet sound deadning products. Used it in the past, and its alot cheaper than dynamatt. Easy to work with.

I still need to find a deck to buy. Might go DD but not to sure yet, depending if I can ever get ahold of this guy that has all the parts I want. This way I can get the 03+ denali gauge bezel!

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Either the RE 10"s or maybe even some PPI piston driven 10s.

I was looking inot some of the IA Audio subs, there pretty bad ass to.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a pair of the RE SRX12D2, simply because i found a great deal on them online. I had never heard any RE stuff before, but i was very suprised by how these subs sounded. I was only pushing about 420 watts rms to each sub, with each sub getting about .85 cubic feet in a sealed enclosure, and they sounded great. They really can play loud and low. I switched to some JL 12w3v3, and honestly i cannot really tell a difference between the RE's and the Jl's, but then again i am not pushing them very hard. Your setup should sound great.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

audiosavings on ebay is selling 3 srx10d2's for $240 shipped, and they say they have a 2 year warrany through them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ That is who I am going through, with all of my audio.

Right on, I cant wait to use them. I have JL, everyone has JL, I want something not to many people have, and dont want to go too big!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zucchini