Welcoming the new rig!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncuke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
B6164C66-F0A9-4CF9-B8C6-ECF2EA6A5579.jpeg 24362A7B-D312-4575-99DE-0216668CB5FC.jpeg Hey everyone! Really excited to join this forum! Last week bought a 2004 Yukon XL Denali with 122k. SUPER clean - NC car it’s whole life. Engine bay clean as a whistle, zero dents or anything. Interior is 9/10. Sold my beloved 2011 Wrangler Unlimited to buy her. The plan is to get an inshore center console, and need something to tow and haul stuff. So excited! Love the auto-leveling air ride!

First order is replacing head unit with a double din unit with integrated backup camera. Also getting some all weather floor mats so that I can keep it as clean as it is. Also taking it in to get an in depth review by a master tech and blackstone labs oil sample. Also have a 2003 BMW 330i Sport that keeps me busy, and the family van. 943D6823-247A-4EFB-A006-577ABD0C9063.jpeg 5FBEF78E-8517-4E4C-BD69-D821203EF234.jpeg

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Bill!

Your Yukon XL Denali looks to be in perfect condition. Nice find as it was very well maintained.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from SoCal from another GMT800 Denali xl owner! Looks like you scored a nice ride! Pretty clean! There are tons of options for double din headunits out there that fit perfectly into the headunit space in these SUVs. I had a clarion NX405 with integrated backup camera and it was decent. Having a backup camera in these big long rides is an absolute must! Haha. But over the last year I’ve noticed how outdated the unit is. I just replaced with a new pioneer AVIC-8500NEX, and I absolutely love the pioneer. I’ve had a couple pioneer units over the years in my previous vehicles and I just realized that I need to stick with pioneer. Lol. It has two camera inputs which is awesome. Kept the backup cam the same and I’m in the process of figuring out how to mount the front facing camera I have for the New pioneer unit so I can see up front as well. And Wireless Apple car play is absolutely awesome! In dash nav is great with this unit as well! lots of options for floor liners as well. For our generation suv the weather techs are a good option as there really isn’t anywhere that they move around to that causes the edges to curl like they do in so many other vehicles. However I like the husky x-act contour liners way better. Better fit and finish and the material feels a lot nicer. More grooves to catch all the crud. I just picked up a set of front liners but I intentionally ordered them for a 2007 denali which is the next body style up, but that’s because I wanted them in black and not tan. But the 2007 model floor liners fit perfectly in my 2006. Anyways that’s just my take on floor liners! Haha. Enjoy the new ride! :D

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 252144 View attachment 252145 Hey everyone! Really excited to join this forum! Last week bought a 2004 Yukon XL Denali with 122k. SUPER clean - NC car it’s whole life. Engine bay clean as a whistle, zero dents or anything. Interior is 9/10. Sold my beloved 2011 Wrangler Unlimited to buy her. The plan is to get an onshore center console, and need something to tow and haul stuff. So excited! Love the auto-leveling air ride!

First order is replacing head unit with a double din unit with integrated backup camera. Also getting some all weather floor mats so that I can keep it as clean as it is. Also taking it in to get an in depth review by a master tech and blackstone labs oil sample. Also have a 2003 BMW 330i Sport that keeps me busy, and the family van. View attachment 252146 View attachment 252147

Welcome Bill, truck looks great. Blackstone can do transmission oil samples too.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Looks like you scored a great rig. Congratulations!

Hopefully, you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
ncuke

ncuke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from SoCal from another GMT800 Denali xl owner! Looks like you scored a nice ride! Pretty clean! There are tons of options for double din headunits out there that fit perfectly into the headunit space in these SUVs. I had a clarion NX405 with integrated backup camera and it was decent. Having a backup camera in these big long rides is an absolute must! Haha. But over the last year I’ve noticed how outdated the unit is. I just replaced with a new pioneer AVIC-8500NEX, and I absolutely love the pioneer. I’ve had a couple pioneer units over the years in my previous vehicles and I just realized that I need to stick with pioneer. Lol. It has two camera inputs which is awesome. Kept the backup cam the same and I’m in the process of figuring out how to mount the front facing camera I have for the New pioneer unit so I can see up front as well. And Wireless Apple car play is absolutely awesome! In dash nav is great with this unit as well! lots of options for floor liners as well. For our generation suv the weather techs are a good option as there really isn’t anywhere that they move around to that causes the edges to curl like they do in so many other vehicles. However I like the husky x-act contour liners way better. Better fit and finish and the material feels a lot nicer. More grooves to catch all the crud. I just picked up a set of front liners but I intentionally ordered them for a 2007 denali which is the next body style up, but that’s because I wanted them in black and not tan. But the 2007 model floor liners fit perfectly in my 2006. Anyways that’s just my take on floor liners! Haha. Enjoy the new ride! :D
Thanks for the detailed info on your experience with these head units! There seem to be a lot of options for sure