Weird TPMS display messages.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWLake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe . Replaced all TPMS sensors with new a year ago. A few months ago, got solid Pressure light. Right front couldn't be read. Replaced right front with new AC Delco and programmed all ID numbers to corresponding wheel locations. Now shows all pressures good. Before would show 3 for about 30mins then change all to dashes. Now all 4 show perfect and no light. But when I turn key to start position, I get the message, check right front tire pressure,check left front tire pressure, all the way through all 4. I just hit the button until my range comes up and never see it until I start again. Any ideas why this would happen. All tires are set perfectly on 33 and door placard says 32.

OP
OP
E

EWLake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe . Replaced all TPMS sensors with new a year ago. A few months ago, got solid Pressure light. Right front couldn't be read. Replaced right front with new AC Delco and programmed all ID numbers to corresponding wheel locations. Now shows all pressures good. Before would show 3 for about 30mins then change all to dashes. Now all 4 show perfect and no light. But when I turn key to start position, I get the message, check right front tire pressure,check left front tire pressure, all the way through all 4. I just hit the button until my range comes up and never see it until I start again. Any ideas why this would happen. All tires are set perfectly on 33 and door placard says 32.
Correction, the DIC message only comes on when I turn key to start position and only asks about left and right rear tires. As soon as I hit the Check button. It shows the rear left and right pressures. No TPMS lights and pressures are perfect, same as front. Done several relearns and also manually. Nothing changes. As soon as I select odometer or range or any other display, I never see again until next restart. Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correction, the DIC message only comes on when I turn key to start position and only asks about left and right rear tires. As soon as I hit the Check button. It shows the rear left and right pressures. No TPMS lights and pressures are perfect, same as front. Done several relearns and also manually. Nothing changes. As soon as I select odometer or range or any other display, I never see again until next restart. Thanks
There's likely an intermittent issue with those sensors, their waking up a little slow, their battery is just not up to par more than likely. It could be your Remote Control Door Lock Module which controls the sensors.

If you want to properly diagnose this, get a Tech-2 on it as it can see the internal codes and run diagnostics. The Tech-2 can also reset the tire type and air pressure warnings.

A new RCDLR has to be programmed to the vehicle.

ChuckNorris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the person who is programming the sensors doesn’t get the vehicle into learn mode > it won’t work .
I do believe with yours, It’s the light to put it into relearn mode .

I have noticed a few vehicles that don’t like random brand sensors. And I’ve learnt that just cuzz it says AC/Delco > doesn’t mean it’s Chevy brand

GM genuine is the brand you might need.

ChuckNorris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the person who is programming the sensors doesn’t get the vehicle into learn mode > it won’t work .
I do believe with yours, It’s the light to put it into relearn mode .

I have noticed a few vehicles that don’t like random brand sensors. And I’ve learnt that just cuzz it says AC/Delco > doesn’t mean it’s Chevy brand

GM genuine is the brand you might need.
Oh ! And last note I forgot > I made this mistake.

if the year isn’t correct, then flaws will also show up.
you can program a year off, makes it seem okay but then issues show up.
and the process of “programming numbers” isn’t a fool proof plan either > I don’t care what anyone says… they built these computers smarter then the engineer behind it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons