Weird Sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we went on a road trip for the 4th and since I usually don't drive the Yukon, the wife's kid hauler, I noticed a couple of things.

When we start to accelerate, there is a squeek noise coming from I believe the passenger rear tire. I had her drive and stuck my head out the window and it sounded like it was coming from the back. I checked for play in the tires and they didn't move, so that ruled out the bearings. She then told me that the parking brake pedal goes all the way to the floor. So I am wondering if that is bad and just started the squeek? Is the parking brake on both or just one or the other? Also how hard is it to change if it is in fact that?

Then my other issue is that when you let off the gas and coast to slow down or even if your on cruise control, it sounds like you are running over the rumble strips on the side. If you barely press on the pedal and give it a little gas, then the sound stops. I couldn't tell if it was vibrating as it was pretty windy. I asked her about that and she said she just thought it was the road (since our roads aren't the best). I heard that the AFM can be loud, but we had all the AFM lifters replaced oh probably about 2000-3000 miles ago when they all 4 went out. Before that and for a while after the noise wasn't there. Anyone have any idea on what that could be?

We do have the famous GM "clunk" sometimes when we stop and go, but that seems to be tapering off and not happening as much anymore

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It had about 146-147K on it

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

I hope thats not it, I will check out the radiator and everything and see if I can tell if they are leaking

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I drove it today to look at it. I checked the coolant and it was right on, no gunk under the cap and smelled like coolant.
Checked the trans dip stick and it was locked, pulled it out and smelled the fluid. Smelled like trans fluid and was nice and red, so I doubt that is the issue either.

Today when I was driving in, I was messing around and it seemed like the whining noise happened at 70 and 60 when I had let off the gas. If I applied the brakes it still did it. I am starting to wonder if it actually is the u joint and its only doing it at times!??!?!?

I will be taking the wheel off to look at the parking brake because the pedal goes all the way to the floor without any sort of pressure....so that might be were the noise is coming from now....just a thought

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr