Weird noise??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ridin Solo

Brain Ninja
Reaction score
Ok so I don't know if this is the right section, if not.. then thanks for moving it! =]

Now.. My yukon makes a weird noise a few seconds after i start it up. It's been doing it for awhile, no matter if it's hot or cold outside, and it's kinda loud (you can hear it inside the yukon and everything). Hopefully somebody can tell me wtf it is and why it does that..

You'll hear it on the video. (Assuming I post it right haha)

th_DSCN0296.jpg

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the air compressor for the rear air ride kicking on... you have the autoleveling autoride (air shocks) and they are filling up... you can see the shocks in the video... no issue, now u know they are airing up... if you load a trailer or alot of stuff in the back you will hear that noise and its them auto leveling again

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
definatly the auto ride kicking in. That is how my 06 yukon sounded every time, its just adjusting to the load (or lack there of). Completly normal.

OP
OP
R

Ridin Solo

Brain Ninja
Reaction score
oh ok.. i wasn't sure because my mother in law has a yukon and her's didn't do that haha but now that i think about it.. her's has nothing special..

thanks yall =]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401