Weathertech vs Husky Weatherbeater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the Husky liners in all 3 rows of my LWB for over a week. I like the ones up front, but I’m not really digging the 2/3 rows. I wish it was one piece and not this overlapping thing that has extra room that kind of balloons up in the center with an extra flap (trip hazard). I also got the rear cargo mat, behind the 3rd row. That appears about 1.5 inches too long. It totally hangs out over the edge of the cargo area.

I’m thinking of ordering Weathertechs to compare, especially since their 2/3 row piece is made of one piece. Plus Weathertechs are over $100 cheaper when buying the entire combo I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the Husky liners in all 3 rows of my LWB for over a week. I like the ones up front, but I’m not really digging the 2/3 rows. I wish it was one piece and not this overlapping thing that has extra room that kind of balloons up in the center with an extra flap (trip hazard). I also got the rear cargo mat, behind the 3rd row. That appears about 1.5 inches too long. It totally hangs out over the edge of the cargo area.

Ive had these exact same experiences with ours. We are at 50K miles or so. And to add to yours, one of the tabs that secures the drivers mat has broken off, and the very back of the 3rd row (where it rises up under the seat) is starting to warp in a few areas.

They are not junk by any means, but not top notch like I was expecting.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG .....just read all 24 pages.....

I have the Max Liners in my Super Duty and they are nice, so after reading through this I'm now leaning towards Max Liners or the Husky Liners for the wife's 2017 Denali??? Just seems like a lot of guys are having issues with the Weathertechs

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have the Max Liners in my Super Duty and they are nice, so after reading through this I'm now leaning towards Max Liners or the Husky Liners for the wife's 2017 Denali??? Just seems like a lot of guys are having issues with the Weathertechs

I’ve had my Weathertechs in my 2017 Escalade ESV (LWB) with 2nd row captains for over a year and really like them. I’ve got all 3 rows, plus the cargo liner. They hold up and look great still. I did have a corner peak up but just turned it backwards for about 10 seconds and it’s stayed in place ever since.

I tried Huskies but they smelled like burnt plastic and I felt like they had too many gaps and bumps, so exchanged for Weathertech which I've now had for over a year and they've held up great. Still get a few curled spots every once in a while but I just turn them backwards with my fingers and hold for about 10 seconds then let go and it seems to return to the original shape. I'm pretty happy with them so far, gone through two winters, spring rain, spills of all kinds, and the only complaint I have is they don't look as dark as before. But in all fairness, they probably would if I cleaned them better with the cleaner they sell.

Last edited:

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the GM all weather/heavy duty mats. After having had them all, these are the best.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done deal......pulled the trigger on a full set of Max Liners. I've had great luck with them in my Super Duty and there cheaper then Husky and Weathertech.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers side
Question regarding the drivers side mat... Does it extend underneath the gas pedal? My complaint on my Weathertech mat is that it doesn't allow the gas pedal to reach full travel (I customized mine with a razor-knife) but now it's kind of crude.

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heavy duty GM mat does not extend under the pedal. We have heavy duty branded mats in our other vehicles as well and none of them have the mat extending under the pedal. Love it or hate it, many claim this is so the pedal does not get stuck on the mat...although it could get stuck wide open on the floor carpet just as easy.
GM Mat.jpg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

we put the huskys in my wifes denali. After 3 years and 90k mikes they are looking a bit rough. Drivers side broke a mount years ago so it slips around a bit and water gets through the hole. The 3rd row liner curls along the back under the seats. The 2nd row to 3rd fitment is not very good in my opinion.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had Weathertech in 4 vehicles. I thought I'd buy Husky for my Tahoe to change it up.

3 years in with the Husky liners now. They are probably made from a thicker mold than the Weathertechs, but possibly overbuilt in that sense and of no added value. In all the vehicles where I've used Weathertech, they have worn acceptably and the fit has been substantially better.

Also, the Husky liners have those little spikes on the back. While functional in keeping the mats from sliding, they are rather sharp and make it a literal pain to handle the mats in car washes and such.

To Husky's credit, I lost one of the round clips in a carwash vacuum; they sent a replacement to me at no cost.

I'll stick to Weathertech in the future, though, based only on the very noticeable difference in fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts