Weathertech and other floor mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How well do the weathertech mats stay in place in the 99 Tahoe. I don't have a mat hook in my truck. I put this cheap little mat in just so the floor wouldn't get too dirty and it slides around like crazy. So before I spend big bucks (more than $20) for the good stuff, I want to make sure it will work well.20220424_191236.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks here prefer Husky over Weathertech, as the fit is better, both initially and 1 year later (Weathertech mats curl inward at the sides over time).

OP
OP
S

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will look into Husky, but that still doesn't answer my "no hook" question. How are they kept in place?

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Husky mats in my pickup. They have little sharp nubs on the back that hold them in place. They will stay in place and so far mine have held up well in a truck that I have to remove the mats and wash the mud out of.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will look into Husky, but that still doesn't answer my "no hook" question. How are they kept in place?
Answer to "no hooks" question:

The higher quality floor mats, like Husky and Weathertech, all either have direct connect components for vehicles that have the holds built into the floor, or have sharp nubs on the underside that keep them in place. My Weathertech have the sharp nubs, and they never move.

OP
OP
S

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. I went with a Lloyd's mat that goes across the hump as well. I actually like that it covers the hump since the cup holder is right above it.

20220510_193123.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd