Water stuck in door panel? 2014 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard This water sloshing around this morning, Been raining pretty good last few days. Heard it when I stopped at a stop sign today.

I read that the water is supposed to drain through the door panels but wouldn’t that cause rust inside the door panel?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard This water sloshing around this morning, Been raining pretty good last few days. Heard it when I stopped at a stop sign today.

I read that the water is supposed to drain through the door panels but wouldn’t that cause rust inside the door panel?
yes eventually rust will form, there is a drain hole that gets clogged up, you can clean out.
I have one door that was persistent in holding water so i drilled 2 small holes one at each end. problem solved

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes eventually rust will form, there is a drain hole that gets clogged up, you can clean out.
I have one door that was persistent in holding water so i drilled 2 small holes one at each end. problem solved
Will it damage other components

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also what does the drain hole look like

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also what does the drain hole look like
It's just a small hole on the very bottom edge near the outer edge, I park mine backwards on a incline so I made a new hole on both ends.
it's common for dirt to clog up the oem hole it's pretty small
I don't think any damages would happen unless the door became a fishtank

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@iboughtatahoe23 There’s an old thread about it. Many of us have removed the plugs at the bottom of the doors.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a small hole on the very bottom edge near the outer edge, I park mine backwards on a incline so I made a new hole on both ends.
it's common for dirt to clog up the oem hole it's pretty small
I don't think any damages would happen unless the door became a fishtank
Just opened it up this morning after a heavy rain last night, and it just started pouring water out of the holes where the weather seal goes on the bottom. I see one drain hole on the left but it’s like half closed from the factory. It looks like, maybe it wasn’t drilled correctly? Also looks to be a lot of mud and dirt in the bottom of the door.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mickey_561

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, in reference to this, basically I’m trying to figure out if I can drill that hole, bigger on the bottom, somehow clean that out all that mud, and figure out where the water is getting in.
So I am New Here but Someone Please Help Me Out with my understanding of this situation/issues.
I have a 2013 Yukon and Never before Today has this happened. Now it Sounds Like 5 Gallons of Water in each back door Sloshing Around. I understand about the Drainage and Make Sure They Are Draining Good.
So Doors are Designed to Fill Up With Water?
Do these Vehicles come with Marine Speakers in them?
Why would GM Design to Allow Water inside of the Doors?
Please help me understand this Anyone…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts