Water pump 03 suburban 5.3. need help guys how much should I pay somebody to do provide the part and do the work. I would do it myself but I'm disable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fischer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much should I pay for a 5.3 2003 suburban water pump parts and labor. I used to do it myself but I'm disabled now and can't do it

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much should I pay for a 5.3 2003 suburban water pump parts and labor. I used to do it myself but I'm disabled now and can't do it

I have no idea what the labor rate would be. I'm sure it varies by location. It's an easy job for any shadetree mechanic, meaning, there's nothing really to mess up. Moving at an average pace, I'd say it's a one hour job. I'd say that a good neighbor/friend deal is 50 bucks. I strongly advise that you get an actual AC Delco Original pump, though! Not AC Delco "Professional" or "Gold" and certainly not AC Delco "Advantage" or "Silver". The extra cost will actually be cheaper because there's a high probability that an aftermarket brand will fail within a year or two. Don't forget to factor in the cost of replacement coolant.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say water pump, thermostat, Gallon of coolant $180-$200 in parts. Best brand u can afford. 2 hours of labor at about $70. Really is an easy job. Coolant/heater hoses tends to need replacement as well.

Yup. I forgot about the thermostat. As for the coolant, I buy the concentrate and gallons of distilled water since they're $0.98 each. Saves about $8 per gallon of 50/50 mixed coolant.

06XLDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Electric fan? If so it's a cake job. A shop will charge 500. More than that your getting ripped. If someone came to me with parts and coolant I would charge 200.

ratled

Reaction score
Depending on your specific DIS it still might be worthy to consider in at least looking at doing it as access is fairly easy. I have limited use of both arms (dexterity, range of motion and strength) and still going to give it a go.

Don't forget to do the rad flush while your at either way.........

ratled

Last edited:

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve done 3 in the past year and every one had a clutch fan. The shroud and the clutch fan is the hardest part to remove. Everthing else is a breeze

With that being said and my time is worth more than money sometimes. I’d probably charger 250 or more. Mainly because anytime after my 45 hour work week is spent with my family and I don’t like sacrificing that time. So it all really depends who you bring it to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts