Harsh shifting and shift flaring (dealer wants to replace valve body) 2016 Escalade 113k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never had any luck with having any transmissions worked on or overhauled. I spent to much money and they fixed one thing and another thing went bad. I personally learnt my leson a put GM reman in that had a warranty and all the updates done. You can go poor fixing it. When I put the reman in the truck came back to life and the initial problem was the torque converter which they miss diagnosed and replaced a valve body .Just my 2 cents.
Sucks, sorry to hear of your experiences but just bad luck coupled with incompetent techs working on your stuff. My guess is they took a "flat rate" approach to their work. Happened ti me as well earlier in life and is the reason I rebuild transmissions myself now.

You can go poor fixing it if its not done right to begin with (ie no updates, pattern failure fixes, etc). Otherwise, once it's fixed/overhauled, it will last just as long as any reman'ed unit provided it's maintained correctly.

Last edited:

Luiz_romo7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never had any luck with having any transmissions worked on or overhauled. I spent to much money and they fixed one thing and another thing went bad. I personally learnt my leson a put GM reman in that had a warranty and all the updates done. You can go poor fixing it. When I put the reman in the truck came back to life and the initial problem was the torque converter which they miss diagnosed and replaced a valve body .Just my 2 cents.
So the torque converter fixed your hard shifting?
Mine be pulling when going into 2nd gear as well

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re keeping this truck, just replace the transmission with a reman. The 8 speed is garbage. The GM reman comes with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty which is good at any dealer in the county.

OP
OP
D

DurtyKurty

Reaction score
If you’re keeping this truck, just replace the transmission with a reman. The 8 speed is garbage. The GM reman comes with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty which is good at any dealer in the county.
Sorry I forgot to update you guys. I did the GM reman and got it back about a month ago. Had the AFM tuned out of it also and just had to replace the drivers side motor mount in my garage over the weekend. What a money pit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia