Warranty & Suspension Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiamiDave

Reaction score
Anyone have comments from service managers, warranty threatened or denied, by suspension lifts? I am considering 1.5 -2 inch up front, maybe 1 in the rear, for the purpose of fitting 33 inch tires w/o rubbing issues. New Tahoe, and a keeper, with a potential extended warranty in the future as well.

I know they can be quick yo decline, but how much would they even notice, short of friend end/suspension trans work? Thank you! :)

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnuson/Moss Act...become familiar with it..it is up to them to prove that the aftermarket part cause the failure...period.

What is funny...all dealers are different. Originally I leased my tahoe at the end of lease it had been lowered and then leveled with 33's...I decided that I wanted to buy it and dealer Certified Pre-Owned it so I got another year warranty even with the level kit and performance parts..LoL!

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnuson/Moss Act...become familiar with it..it is up to them to prove that the aftermarket part cause the failure...period.

my exact thoughts. i recently went into the dealership for 50K maintenance, while i was there i told them i had a power steering leak. it cost about 1300 bucks to replace the steering gear, all covered under warranty without question. the service manager and the technicians actually complimented my Tahoe and asked questions about it

and a side note: depending on tire width you will need a full 2.5" front leveling kit to fit 33" tires without rubbing...and even then you might have to do some trimming/zip-tie work

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MiamiDave

Reaction score
Thank you for you responses; I am familiar with the MM Act but never had to use it. My concern if something front end related pops up, they might try to blame the altered suspension angles for wear/tear and not fix under warranty. I have heard Ford dealers have been recently looking at front suspension lifts with a jaundiced eye :Boo:

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts