2019 Suburban Premier Lift...help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbg90199

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need help! So, I just purchased a 2019 Suburban Premier 4X4 6.2L. It has Magnetic Ride “Magneride” up front and Auto Leveling in the rear. I’m torn on how high to lift and not absolutely “open a can of worms” and/or ruin reliability. I originally thought I would do a leveling kit and run 33’s on the factory 22x9 wheels. However, now I really think it would look best with a 6-inch lift and 35x12.50’s on the factory 22x9 “snowflake” wheels. I’m concerned also with how the 6.2L and 10-Speed trans performs with the 35’s? I’d love to have any input from experience you may have. Here is what I have found so far.

BDS:

Offer a 6 inch Suburban lift with Auto level suspension BUT, I would have to order the 6-inch Front kit from their Denali Sierra W/Magneride to make the front work. States it will clear 35’s

Fabtech:

Offers a 3-inch “basic” kit that does have UCA’s and says it will clear 33’s.

Also offers a 6-inch suspension that states it will still only clear 33’s? Any experience?

Suspensionmaxx:

Offers a 1.5-2.5 inch leveling kit for Magneride vehicles and should still clear 33’s. Since Fabtech includes UCA’s, I’m wondering if just the front leveling kits will cause UCA angle issues?

I contacted McGaughys and they gave me a short answer (as if I were not educated on my question) that said “Magneride is the Auto Leveling suspension”

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
There’s a fairly significant difference in cost between your three choices. Also, not positive but I think the Fabtech 3” is just a big leveling kit; The UCAs will help keep the upper balljoint from binding, but the CV angles will still be undesirable.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out @Xineering's GM Shock Sims - this circuitry allows you to "delete" the MRC and put on any passive shock/strut/coilover front & rear combo you want to run on your truck. The kit for all 4 corners is around $425. Then you can start looking at any lift kit that would fit on a "non-premier" Tahoe.
I just had the Xineering circuits installed this week with Fox 2.0 Coilover 2" adjustable lift height assembly in the front and Bilstein 5100 in the rear with a 1" spacer.
I will be making a significant posting soon regarding my entire build and blackout. I own a 2015 Tahoe LTZ that had the magneride on it with the max towing package. Working on purchasing new tires this week. Looking at 295/55R20 or 285/60R20 (both 33" diameter) to go on my OEM Chevy 20" wheels.
BTW - the Fox shocks are SWEET! Just eating up every bump, pothole and dip in the road!
IMG_4420 (1).JPG

robertleach17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my 2015 Tahoe LTZ with magneride and air ride. We went with the BDS 6" combo. They had to order two kits, like you said, and it clears 35x12.50r20. I didnt like the 22's so we went with these XD's. They're zero offset. We removed the lower valance from the bumper and the running board filler/trim pieces so there was no cutting up front for clearance. Two things I'm not happy with:

1. With this lift kit the vehicle maintained the factory 2" rake and BDS doesnt seem to know why, nor the company that installed the lift. Seems I'm stuck with it.

2. I do get some rub when I turn sharp in reverse.

The ride quality overall is still great and we bought the DiabloI3 tuner and reset the tire size, turned off the afm and put a mileage tune in. We get 17.5 to 18 on the highway now.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
c78e62d29355ec3fbf1230d0b29874e2.jpg

Last edited:

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my 2015 Tahoe LTZ with magneride and air ride. We went with the BDS 6" combo. They had to order two kits, like you said, and it clears 35x12.50r20. I didnt like the 22's so we went with these XD's. They're zero offset. We removed the lower valance from the bumper and the running board filler/trim pieces so there was no cutting up front for clearance. Two things I'm not happy with:

1. With this lift kit the vehicle maintained the factory 2" rake and BDS doesnt seem to know why, nor the company that installed the lift. Seems I'm stuck with it.

The ride quality overall is still great and we bought the DiabloI3 tuner and reset the tire size, turned off the afm and put a mileage tune in. We get 17.5 to 18 on the highway now.

Sounds terrific w/your custom tuning!
Pictures? Curious about the rake remaining...

robertleach17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cant seem to get the pics to load. Edit: pics loaded on precious post.

Last edited:

Mcthoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check out @Xineering's GM Shock Sims - this circuitry allows you to "delete" the MRC and put on any passive shock/strut/coilover front & rear combo you want to run on your truck. The kit for all 4 corners is around $425. Then you can start looking at any lift kit that would fit on a "non-premier" Tahoe.
I just had the Xineering circuits installed this week with Fox 2.0 Coilover 2" adjustable lift height assembly in the front and Bilstein 5100 in the rear with a 1" spacer.
I will be making a significant posting soon regarding my entire build and blackout. I own a 2015 Tahoe LTZ that had the magneride on it with the max towing package. Working on purchasing new tires this week. Looking at 295/55R20 or 285/60R20 (both 33" diameter) to go on my OEM Chevy 20" wheels.
BTW - the Fox shocks are SWEET! Just eating up every bump, pothole and dip in the road!
View attachment 224186
Absolutely sweet ride! Did you install any aftermarket upper control arms ? Did your LtZ come with 20inch wheels as mine came with 22in? Thanks!

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - I purchased my 2015 Tahoe LTZ off the dealer lot with 22" chrome wheels...have now been running the OE 18s for about 45k miles

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score

View attachment 327995
All you got to do is throw a leveling kit under the struts to level it out completely that’s what I did with my 6” fabtech lift
Get alignment checked afterwards but the lower leveling kit is cheap 40-60$ and about 30 min to install it without even having to remove the tires

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Need help! So, I just purchased a 2019 Suburban Premier 4X4 6.2L. It has Magnetic Ride “Magneride” up front and Auto Leveling in the rear. I’m torn on how high to lift and not absolutely “open a can of worms” and/or ruin reliability. I originally thought I would do a leveling kit and run 33’s on the factory 22x9 wheels. However, now I really think it would look best with a 6-inch lift and 35x12.50’s on the factory 22x9 “snowflake” wheels. I’m concerned also with how the 6.2L and 10-Speed trans performs with the 35’s? I’d love to have any input from experience you may have. Here is what I have found so far.

BDS:

Offer a 6 inch Suburban lift with Auto level suspension BUT, I would have to order the 6-inch Front kit from their Denali Sierra W/Magneride to make the front work. States it will clear 35’s

Fabtech:

Offers a 3-inch “basic” kit that does have UCA’s and says it will clear 33’s.

Also offers a 6-inch suspension that states it will still only clear 33’s? Any experience?

Suspensionmaxx:

Offers a 1.5-2.5 inch leveling kit for Magneride vehicles and should still clear 33’s. Since Fabtech includes UCA’s, I’m wondering if just the front leveling kits will cause UCA angle issues?

I contacted McGaughys and they gave me a short answer (as if I were not educated on my question) that said “Magneride is the Auto Leveling suspension”
You’ll have no issue fitting the 35s on a lift
Probably could with just a leveling kit
May rub the control arms some so you’ll need some wheel spacers for that
Id delete the magnaride and change to fox icon or king coil overs with some nice uniball control arms and you will not be disappointed!

Anything over 2.5” I’d recommend going with aftermarket control arms for the best ride quality. My rough country arms were better then my stock arms but the fabtech uniballs were night and day difference Between them both
IMG_3389.png