Wanna sit low...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool Deal, Thanks for chiming in!

Couple more questions for you guys-

1. When using a lowering shock do I still need to flip the rear shock mount or will I be ok? What is required for me to do?

2. My Current tire size 245/75/16 (30.7" tall) will limit me to a 3/5 drop, should I down-grade to a 245/70/16 tire? That should be 29.5" and allow me to do a 4/5 drop...

pppppppplllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee SLAM IT.. lol smaller tires.. bricks in the back.. 4 flats.. anything.. just bam it DDOOOWWNNN :hands:

Some shocks need it some dont.. some drop shocks are made for a 3 inch drop.. so they need them.. some are made for a 5 and dont..

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

No flipping.

Flipping the top bolts to face in instead of out allows more clearance.. and if it rubs it will rub the plastic through but not have the scary bolt hiding behind it.. it takes 5 mins and should DEF be done

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

all it is is when you replace the shocks.. the bolt holding the top on looks like this from the rear on the drivers side...

<====|[=]

and that point hangs way out so if you pull it out and flip it it puts the bold head on the other said so it points in and away forn the tire

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Again you guys are the best! I would be lost without you guys!

Hopefully soon I will have enough funds to buy everything!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
got your message and replied. LIke to anyone i sell here if you see any djm kit/belltech for lower shipped just shoot me a link ill beat anyones prices.

i just liek the fact the 3 inch front kit you keep turning radius with a arms/stock wheels and it aligns great. Anytime i sell spindles/keys i allways recommened the alignment kit because they almost never align.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You could try djm arms, belltech 5305 coils, 3/4 ton keys, free travel mod and some belltech street performance shocks. Definitely buy some form
of camber kit as the arms + keys will never align perfectly. Spindles would work best if you have the loot my belltech 2508s are great.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ifyou want it slammed ive done many truck djm 3 inch a arms with new upper control arms add in spindles for 5 inch drop and in rear qa1 spring (10-300) and thing will sit slammed.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ifyou want it slammed ive done many truck djm 3 inch a arms with new upper control arms add in spindles for 5 inch drop and in rear qa1 spring (10-300) and thing will sit slammed.

spindels means bigger wheels.. if he wants to stay stock its lower control arms.. keys and upper control arms or at least a camber kit.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Belltech makes a 16" spindle iirc. Not sure if it would work with the djm arms as it flips the balljoint, I'd just find some cheap tahoe 17" 5 spokes and do spindles/arms or spindles/keys like mine. Shit would sit low as hell and you won't have ANY issues with the 4wd.

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Plans may require me to find some cheep arse 17's and do Spindles, Keys, Shocks, and Springs. Maybe helper bags too and re-route the exhaust under the truck somewhere.

Anybody got any 17's they want to give away?

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Plans may require me to find some cheep arse 17's and do Spindles, Keys, Shocks, and Springs. Maybe helper bags too and re-route the exhaust under the truck somewhere.

Anybody got any 17's they want to give away?

i still say do lower control arms.. spindles.. not spindles keys..

For one.. spindles and lower control arms.. should align.. and .. you can still drop it an inch maybe 1 1/2 on stock keys.. if spindles and arms arent low enough..

spindles and keys.. means youre done... AND installing lowers and spindles is like the same area and doing the extra work to install the other is nothing at that point....

however.. installing spindles or arms later would mean braking down and re assembling again..

if you decide to put keys on later.. its simple.. and doesnt require taking the front end down again

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

i think i have some stock 17s.. sitting in jax..

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still say do lower control arms.. spindles.. not spindles keys..

For one.. spindles and lower control arms.. should align.. and .. you can still drop it an inch maybe 1 1/2 on stock keys.. if spindles and arms arent low enough..

spindles and keys.. means youre done... AND installing lowers and spindles is like the same area and doing the extra work to install the other is nothing at that point....

however.. installing spindles or arms later would mean braking down and re assembling again..

if you decide to put keys on later.. its simple.. and doesnt require taking the front end down again

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

i think i have some stock 17s.. sitting in jax..

All good points, But in all honesty, Once it is dropped where I want it it's going to stay. If I decide to do tear it down then it will give me the chance to spend some more money on brakes...lol

Anyway, First things first, and thats finding wheels and tires then getting some funds together for all the parts.

MOB, what year/kind of wheels? Do they have tires possibly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo