Rocking from left front to rear rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chvyguy

Reaction score
Can't quite seem to figure out what is causing what I think of as body roll on my 2005 Yukon XL 1500. When going down the road if it is slightly bumpy then it bounces, starting at the right rear, up to the front drivers side, and if I just move the steering wheel slightly each direction real quick it stops. Also when going over speed bumps, the right rear seems rough, almost like a thud but it isn't bottoming out. I can't seem to access NorCalSS store where I bought my Belltech 2/4 drop a few years back for a photo, but the front was drop spindles and the back was springs with new bump stops. I also spent a little extra money with him to buy the rear sway bar relocator. Since then I have disabled the auto ride and bought/ installed Belltech Street Performance Shocks and removed the shock extenders since Belltech stated they were made for vehicles that are lowered. The shocks helped a little but I am still getting the thud and the roll. Riding on factory rims and tire size 265/70/17. Anyone have any ideas?

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost sounds like a shock isn't cycling correctly, but if you replaced them I would look at bushings, and bumpstops ect just to be sure they are not rotted or fell out. maybe check the components in the front for play also. sometimes if things are not moving well they can cause some strange feelings.

OP
OP
Chvyguy

Chvyguy

Reaction score
Thank you @bigdog9191999 for the response. I just replaced the shocks a few months ago so hopefully that isn't the case. I'm going to look at the bushings and bumpstops first and then look over the whole front suspension as well. I will let you know. Again I appreciate the response.

almost sounds like a shock isn't cycling correctly, but if you replaced them I would look at bushings, and bumpstops ect just to be sure they are not rotted or fell out. maybe check the components in the front for play also. sometimes if things are not moving well they can cause some strange feelings.

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll throw my 2 cents into this.

keep in mind the suspension is a parallel 4 link in the rear with a panhard bar. When the suspension compresses in the rear the rear axle moves to the right side. It’s the panhard bar “pulling” to the right if you can understand that.

hence why you feel the suspension bounce or pull to the right rear.

In my Tahoe which carries 1200~ ish pounds of stereo equipment I experience a rock or sway I call it when going over big bumps, dips etc.

I have the DJM trailering arm relocation and swaybar relocation kit (RK2000) and it didn’t make much difference for me, other than keeping the angles back “stock”

you will need to add a stiffer shock, or helper bags to fully remove this. I’m sure you only experienced these problems after lowering the truck, as did I. I can’t recall how the truck drove bone stock, but it had to be better than lowered.

I’ve spent thousands of dollars swapping shocks, Swaybars, springs, torsion keys, drop spindles, steering dampener, different wheels and tires, control arms and bushings, and I’m still not 100% satisfied.

Just some food for thought.

Reaction score
Thank you @bigdog9191999 for the response. I just replaced the shocks a few months ago so hopefully that isn't the case. I'm going to look at the bushings and bumpstops first and then look over the whole front suspension as well. I will let you know. Again I appreciate the response.
Did u ever find teh problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne