Wanna see some bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the oem lowers are oos, I wouldn't be using the cheap/budget versions of whatever company I went with.

I need to get under there again and look at things. Not sure if I'll need adjustable uppers or not with my 2-3" drop. Probably not but I need to double check.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I bit the bullet and ordered drop spindles from belltech. I already have their fully adjustable coilovers here, so am I now going to need some extra goodies for alignment? Seems that 2" drop is fine but 3+and u need to start fussing...I am not planning on slamming the coilovers, just running them high for max stroke. Probably should return them and get plain ol' units, but hey, in for a penny...

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the oem lowers are oos, I wouldn't be using the cheap/budget versions of whatever company I went with.

I need to get under there again and look at things. Not sure if I'll need adjustable uppers or not with my 2-3" drop. Probably not but I need to double check.

Rock Auto isn’t the only place to get them. I just got a set in for a customer today.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto isn’t the only place to get them. I just got a set in for a customer today.
Right. But I trust their inventory status more than other places and don't want to dick around. I have yet to be screwed over by RA and have crossed a fair amount of other places off my list for sending counterfeit parts, having stupid prices, or playing the tracking #game.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as FYI.. I have had good experiences with the Mevotech line of stuff at RA...
I get the upgraded Mevotech stuff - the daily driver, not the economy line.
It looks very comparable to the good Moog stuff and has a better/good warranty

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to align it fine with the 2” Belltech spindles and stock adjusters.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can if everything isn’t worn out.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cancelled my fully adjustable coilovers and ordered just the 1way adjustable belltechs. Was ogling some fox rezis...but cooler heads prevailed.

Replaced my daughter's rear shock mount and was able to compress the shock by hand...she got new rear shocks haha

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be good to go with the spindles on stock alignment cams. Saw you had mentioned maybe going with DJM control arms. They make a solid product. I am so glad they changed their powerdercoat to black now instead of the silver hammered look they had before. lol

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be good to go with the spindles on stock alignment cams. Saw you had mentioned maybe going with DJM control arms. They make a solid product. I am so glad they changed their powerdercoat to black now instead of the silver hammered look they had before.
Yeah their items didn't look the best for the lca/uca...in particular the color / hammered look u mention. I didn't see any all black ones in pics but went with spindles anyway.

I may replace the belltech kit in the rear with their stuff next year, at least the shock extenders. Depends how rusty it is by then.. I can't imagine my bushings are any better back there but seeing as how I tow close to max, I need to research a bit more on those components.

By then it will be time for new plugs/wires and a new air intake (the air raid on there is dry & cracked pretty good) so... Might throw on a sway bar kit too.

I really want to supercharge it but it just isn't the right platform...I'd need a trans and all the engine support to go with FI...that's a tall and expensive task especially as I couldn't do the work myself. Oh well, I've never been one to talk myself out of of bad idea and its good to have stretch goals haha