Voltage question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBeezy

Reaction score
Does everyones voltage stay at or around 14 or does it drop to something like 12 every now and then? This is on our 2008 Yukon. I know in my Marauder it stays up where it should be all the time

OP
OP
J

JBeezy

Reaction score
Oh ok. Just wasn't sure. I heard these trucks start acting weired once battery or alternator starts going bad

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Alternator COULD be going, or battery COULD be bad... but it is not unusual for me to fluctuate between 12 and 14/15... this is normal for these trucks... however, I had even more problems when my alternator was going bad... lights on the dash, lights flickering, abs and traction control off... all kinds of fun stuff! But with a new alternator and battery, it is meant to fluctuate voltage like this depending on the demand of the vehicle at the time... basically, add the computers and sensors to save .000003 MPG from the reduced friction... I dont buy it! I wish they would have just left it alone!

szyg6h

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does everyones voltage stay at or around 14 or does it drop to something like 12 every now and then? This is on our 2008 Yukon. I know in my Marauder it stays up where it should be all the time

Yup- normal, owners manual says so! Probably has to do with drag and fuel efficiency would be my guess. I wondered too, then read up on it.

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well this just saved me a trip to the dealership. I was noticing the same thing on my 09 I just got

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts