Vinyl wrapping the chrome window trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the pre-cut vinyl wrap for the chrome window trim?

Never vinyl wrapped anything before but thinking it seems pretty basic/easy. Any pro tips on doing this?

Thanks

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plan to order a strip of tape, slightly wider than the trim itself, then use a razor style knife like window tinters use

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting pre-cuts for the window trim.. if it goes well I'd like to try the same on other things like the fog surrounds, luggage rails, and doors trim.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am about to get mine done soon, fingers crossed.

i was told not to use the chrome or black chrome options for small pieces as they are too stiff.
this will lead to them peeling up on corners & edges.

i originally wanted the black chrome one :(

so i'll pick something else color wise for the chrome delete that i am planning on (as i dont want flat or gloss black)

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was sent the standard instead of XL when I bought the eBay BO kit. Ended up costing $7.95 after the exchange processed. I have a standard gloss black for sale if anyone wants it.

Stormin08 - Let us know if you go with the Avery and how it turns out. Waiting for warmer weather before trying to install my $7.95 eBay special

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a pre-cut kit showing up the next few days. I'll post a before and after.
First piece I tried didn't fit. Alignment was poor and there was overhang I would have had to cut off. Tried going around the back of the piece with a card and it cut the vinyl. Waiting on a response back from the seller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts