Very very rough ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just replaced all of the shocks in my Tahoe with new bilsteins thinking it would improve the ride and it's still the same if not worse. I feel every single tiny bump in the road and ones that are an inch or so feel and sound like I just jumped it. It unreal. What would be the cause for such a horrible ride? If I got o we a series of bumps it even feels like the rear goes airborne which is scary.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your leaf springs very closely. Check the leaves and the mounts/bushings

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be tires? It came with 245s I put on 285s. It just seems to hit things hard. What am I looking for on the leaf springs exactly?

lukc22

Reaction score
What pressure are the tires? I usualy keep mine about 35... Less pressure will allow more shock absorbing... some fill to 50 or 60 and that is just too harsh of a ride for me... if anything, I would think that leaf springs get softer and not harsher... most new leaf packs give a harsh ride untill broken in... Im not sure that is the issue... at ride height, were the shocks about mid-way in the travel length?? I ask because if your socks are too short, then the will bottom out and force the weight of the vehicle back down... that could give harsh ride as well... also, check the bolts in the crossmember for the torsion bars and see how many threads they have showing... maybe somebody before you cranked em...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia