Very annoying noise......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H0E2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
02 Tahoe
5.3 4x4

Recently developed a strange noise that I can't seem to figure out.

Sounds like a thin piece of metal in a bicycle spoke coming from pedal area.

Only makes the noise when truck is moving. Not at idle and if I shift to neutral and coast still makes the noise. Gets louder as speed increases.
I took a video I could upload to YouTube or something.

Last edited:

Stick

Reaction score
If you haven't climbed underneath yet maybe check the front drive shaft/diff etc. Tough to diagnose unless you get the front wheels off there ground though.

OP
OP
H0E2

H0E2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Forgot I even posted this.
I did end up finding out what the problem was.

The mount that holds the shifter cable broke and my shifter cable was rubbing against my U-Joint or Yoke actually was. Almost all the way through by the time I found it.

Stick

Reaction score
Cool, glad ya got it figured. I was figuring it had to be something related to the shafts.
I'm still kind of new on the forum so I've been trolling as much as possible so i don't end up asking the same question as one previously had if something comes up. I figure that knowing in advance is the best maintenance for future problems. Most beneficial to parts susceptible to wearing of course. Besides, i like to know at least a little something about everything. I wish i was more proactive back in my school days. Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick