Vehicle build sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there sir. I'm sure they can monitor many other things that we aren't privy to!
If they know we drive 80 then they know we drive 100, etc etc.
Thank God my 99 vette is off the grid :) LOL

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purposely waited for the phase 4 rollout before ordering. All the Yukon options were available and most of the production quirks are usually worked out by then. Mine rolled off the line a full 6 months after the plant reopened in June.

As for the spring valve, sounds like a V8 problem on multiple GM vehicles. The vette & pu owners are having the same issue. Not just a problem isolated to these 3 new models.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ya the PU and vette owners are getting hit hard. They mainly have lots of 6.2 engines and those seem to be about 80% or more of the failing engines as of early. I just hope GM gets off their butts and do the right thing and recall these engines that got the bad batch of springs before someone gets hurt or even killed.

MJenn76

Reaction score
Ya the PU and vette owners are getting hit hard. They mainly have lots of 6.2 engines and those seem to be about 80% or more of the failing engines as of early. I just hope GM gets off their butts and do the right thing and recall these engines that got the bad batch of springs before someone gets hurt or even killed.
Thought I saw something on a Vette board about it being a VIN specific recall. Owners would be notified, included PUs and SUVs. Dated in December...

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I saw something on a Vette board about it being a VIN specific recall. Owners would be notified, included PUs and SUVs. Dated in December...

I have not seen or heard of that yet. Post up the link if you can find it.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM refused the buy back today so we got the ball rolling with our lawyer to get them to buy it back or provide cash compensation via our states lemon law. I will keep ya posted. Sounds like most of these cases never make it to court and end with a cash settlement. Our lawyer was confident that the settlement would be sufficient to fill the gap between trade in value and the purchase of a new vehicle. All legal fees will be covered by GM under the lemon law since the vehicle was out of service over 30 days. We will start driving it again since the mileage has been logged from the time of the repair and the time we filed the lawsuit. Hopefully the engine will last until we purchase a replacement.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
GM refused the buy back today so we got the ball rolling with our lawyer to get them to buy it back or provide cash compensation via our states lemon law. I will keep ya posted. Sounds like most of these cases never make it to court and end with a cash settlement. Our lawyer was confident that the settlement would be sufficient to fill the gap between trade in value and the purchase of a new vehicle. All legal fees will be covered by GM under the lemon law since the vehicle was out of service over 30 days. We will start driving it again since the mileage has been logged from the time of the repair and the time we filed the lawsuit. Hopefully the engine will last until we purchase a replacement.

I am looking forward to the outcome of this. :popcorn:

MJenn76

Reaction score
Who's the dealer in MI?

MJenn76

Reaction score
My dealer is Serra Chevy in Saginaw MI. They have been awesome the whole time. GM is the issue at this point.
Im going through Serra Buick GMC Cadillac in Washington. Good to know if anything comes up.

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the engine will last until we purchase a replacement.

There’s a ton of noise in this thread but if I’m understanding correctly your engine has no issues right now you are just fearful it will have a valve spring issue?

The GM having it 30 days was for something else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts