Vehicle build sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going through Serra Buick GMC Cadillac in Washington. Good to know if anything comes up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Sweet!!!! My Dad and Mom go there. He lives at 30 and Powell :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a ton of noise in this thread but if I’m understanding correctly your engine has no issues right now you are just fearful it will have a valve spring issue?

The GM having it 30 days was for something else?
You are correct. it was out 32 days for a fuel pump, tank and fuel control module issue in October-November. Then it went back in a day for some recalls. We had piece of mind that if anything major came out or happened to it the Lemon Law would allow us to bail on the vehicle up until August 12th 2021. Once I learned about the TSB about all the bad valve springs out there and my build date being in the middle of the time frame we decided to get GM to buy it back. They refused so we are going the legal route with lawyers that specialize in the Lemon Law to force a buy back or financial compensation to fill the gap between trade in and a new model. We love our vehicle but with it being an early build I am going to order a 2021 or 2022 LT with the Duramax. I would have done that from the start but the diesel was not available. We took it to Lansing and back Friday with no issues. That was about a 200 mile round trip. The springs seem to fail under the 2000 mile mark and we just hit 1100 so hopefully we will be ok until the new one arrives.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The nice thing about cracks in dashes is that they don't leave you stranded on the side of the road but man are they ugly and I hate that. The crack in the dash was for a few years. I hope they figure out the valve spring breaks real soon and make it right.

One is mechanical and one is cosmetic but damn, both are a PITA. They charge me that much money for a rig, it better preform like advertised and look like advertised. Love my 2005.

I think if everyone that is having problems with the 2007-2014 cracked dash and the new rigs valve spring problems just said to hell with it and bought NBS rigs, GM might get the message.