Vehicle build sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here have the ability to pull up a build sheet for our 2021 Tahoe. Gotta see if our Tahoe is a ticking time bomb with the valve spring issue. Let me know and I will PM you the vin

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Use this link and type in VIN number and unless is just too new, it should all come up. Make sure when you put in the VIN, all letters are capital letters. It does not like lower case letters.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here have the ability to pull up a build sheet for our 2021 Tahoe. Gotta see if our Tahoe is a ticking time bomb with the valve spring issue. Let me know and I will PM you the vin
go to the gm website, select your brand, then go to chat, this will put you in live chat, give the chat rep your full vin number and they can send you the build sheet.
not sure how this is going to tell if you have a ticking time bomb or not but it will give some basic information on your vehicle for finding correct parts later down the road.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. The dealer just sent the build sheet. It was built June 30th 2020. AKA right smack dab in the middle of the bad valve spring era. We are going to take advantage of the Lemon Law in our state and turn it back into GM since it was already in the shop over 30 days. We were suppose to take it on a family trip to Florida but there is no way in hell I am going to roll the dice with a ticking time bomb in the engine. I am very pissed off with GM. They know they have a problem and instead of a recall they are only going to fix the engines that fail and leave their customers stranded and possibly in an unsafe situation when the engine dies. The 2021 Tahoe and Yukon already have 90 TSBs and multiple recalls!!!!! That is flat out pathetic!!!!!!!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am so glad that a deal I was recently working for a 2021 Z71 fell thru because of well rehearsed misstatements by the sales person. She made it all sound so good with my military discount and other promises and then she called me at the last minute and said that the original dealer had installed a roof rack, I did not want one, and then it was going to be too tall for where I back it in at the car port. That made it easier to tell her no deal than to just say, "You made promises you can't keep". I did not know about the valve spring problems, may or may not have effected me, and the 90 TSB's and multiple recalls for them. I really love the look though. Having ran shops for years, I almost broke my rule of never ever buying at least the first 2 years of a model run. Sorry you are going thru all this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. The dealer just sent the build sheet. It was built June 30th 2020. AKA right smack dab in the middle of the bad valve spring era. We are going to take advantage of the Lemon Law in our state and turn it back into GM since it was already in the shop over 30 days. We were suppose to take it on a family trip to Florida but there is no way in hell I am going to roll the dice with a ticking time bomb in the engine. I am very pissed off with GM. They know they have a problem and instead of a recall they are only going to fix the engines that fail and leave their customers stranded and possibly in an unsafe situation when the engine dies. The 2021 Tahoe and Yukon already have 90 TSBs and multiple recalls!!!!! That is flat out pathetic!!!!!!!
is yours a L87?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for future reference the build date of your vehicle should be on the sticker in the drivers door jam along with the vin, that's also always been a way to know if a car has been in accident if the door was replaced the sticker is not present.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You are freaking out over "what if" and "might" and "maybe"???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645