Vehicle build sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda wish I was in your shoes. Mine has seen the service department 5 times in 6 months (would have been 6 times if I didn't get Covid). I have over 7500 miles now and have yet to experience a no-go situation. Just recalls and cosmetic repairs. Not fun scheduling service every month. My hope is that GMC Customer Cares steps up and at least increases my warranty. It was not put together well at all and I'm at the point where I'm going to try and correct the cosmetic issues myself. Just would like to have the reassurance of an extended warranty when the big items DO occur.
Looks like valve springs are starting to fail beyond the TSB dates :( https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/to...-valve-spring-not-in-the-bulletin-time-frame/

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive like an old man, so maybe I should drive it like normal and see if the engine can handle it! With the GMC Smart Drive crap/app, they can easily monitor how we drive the trucks. Who's to say they won't deny us a warranty claim, because the app showed "hard acceleration" and "speed over 80?" Not a fan of driver monitoring technology, etc.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many here, raise your hands, thought that a first year model built during a pandemic would be a good time to buy?

I've been anticipating this roll out for two years, took a test drive last summer and saw a couple of issues and said nope not now. I'm beginning to wonder if it will be a good idea in two years. But I have something rare these days: patience and $65,000 for a new vehicle.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Why would a speedometer read over 80 mph if they could gig you for driving over 80 mph? Hard accel happens every time you drop in to passing gear to pass someone. If GM would deny a warranty for anything like that, that would be a game changer.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would a speedometer read over 80 mph if they could gig you for driving over 80 mph? Hard accel happens every time you drop in to passing gear to pass someone. If GM would deny a warranty for anything like that, that would be a game changer.

Just throwing it out there sir. I'm sure they can monitor many other things that we aren't privy to!
If they know we drive 80 then they know we drive 100, etc etc.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there sir. I'm sure they can monitor many other things that we aren't privy to!
If they know we drive 80 then they know we drive 100, etc etc.

I agree. Big brother is watching you, or in this case, The General.

MJenn76

Reaction score
How many here, raise your hands, thought that a first year model built during a pandemic would be a good time to buy?

I've been anticipating this roll out for two years, took a test drive last summer and saw a couple of issues and said nope not now. I'm beginning to wonder if it will be a good idea in two years. But I have something rare these days: patience and $65,000 for a new vehicle.
I purposely waited for the phase 4 rollout before ordering. All the Yukon options were available and most of the production quirks are usually worked out by then. Mine rolled off the line a full 6 months after the plant reopened in June.

As for the spring valve, sounds like a V8 problem on multiple GM vehicles. The vette & pu owners are having the same issue. Not just a problem isolated to these 3 new models.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSurfer5300