V4 or V8 selection in TAHOE 2011 LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasoor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dears,

I am new to the American Cars such as TAHOE, I know that there is a HEMI engine which switch from V4 to V8 based on the need of power.

I can see on the dashboard that my vehicle is switching at low speed sometimes from V4 to V8 then then back to V4 even i am maintaining the same RPM and speed.

I thought maybe there is a selection I can select it to be V4 (to have less fuels consumption)

(currently the 2WD/Auto/4WD selector is set to AUTO) , but even though I tried keeping it to 2WD but no change in fuel consumption.

Please advice.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope the v4 to v8 selection is automatic via the fuel management system

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a time if on the fly programmer to keep it in v4?

sent from my thunderbolt

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thirsty....I'm not sure but you may ask black bear tune about that. I know that they can take the feature completely out (which I plan on doing) but I'm not sure if they can actually modify how it works:shrug:

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i had it, i'd have it tuned out. i cant stand it on the hemi i drive at work all the time...66k miles on it and it sounds like crap and bogs down when it hits 4 cyl mode...the "Seamless" transition aint so seamless..

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i had it, i'd have it tuned out. i cant stand it on the hemi i drive at work all the time...66k miles on it and it sounds like crap and bogs down when it hits 4 cyl mode...the "Seamless" transition aint so seamless..

Sounds like you may have torque converter problems, not engine problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2015 Suburban