Used ATF Lab Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got the lab results back from JG Lubricant Services whom I use for all my used ATF analysis. I talked on the ph at length with Tom Johnson, their co-owner and President, about these results and about atf in general. He assured me that everything looked good, and to not change it. I'll submit another sample in a yr. He said a yr from now my results would more than likely be similar to these result, good. But stuff happens, right? The cooler in the radiator could start leaking, etc. You never know, unless you send in a sample.

JG Lubricant Services contracts OAI/Polaris Labs to do the lab work, and they don't show the universal avg info on their reports. So I found somebody here on this forum recent results from Blackstone about Dexron VI and copied the universal avg #s here for our comparison. Thanks

My 07 Yukon Denali has 157,200 miles, and 4818 hrs, since new. 17 mths ago I purchased it from a used car lot without any mx records. 16 mths ago I removed the trans, etc so as to replace the engine rear main seal. While I had it out, I decided for preventative mx to replace the torque converter with a newly rebuilt HD one. I also removed and cleaned its pan, replaced the filter, and reinstalled w/10 qts of AC Delco Dexron VI.

The first #s below are what Blackstone Labs calls "universal averages" for 44k mile Dexron VI fluid out of a 6L80 trans.
The second #s are for my 6L80 trans and ACDelco Dexron VI ATF after 26k miles, and 16 mths in use.
As you can see, all of my #s are lower than the averages, as they should be.

Aluminum........ 22.......12
Iron..................98.......74
Copper..............49.......42
Manganese.......22........9
Boron................67.......66
Silicon...............22.......7
Sodium.............11........7
Calcium............84.......66
Phosphorus....209......170
Zinc..................15........6
Viscosity @ 100*C - acceptable is 5.1 to 7.9; mine is 5.7
acid# is .61, and the oxidation# is 17, both ok.

I found out about Tom around 2010 on a motorhome forum he contributes to.

Here's a link for JG Lubricant Services: https://jglubricantservices.com/productsservices.html

And here's a technical paper(4 page pdf) Tom authored. The last paragraph gives his impressive credentials: https://jglubricantservices.com/docs/Technical Information Sheet.pdf

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I got the lab results back from JG Lubricant Services whom I use for all my used ATF analysis. I talked on the ph at length with Tom Johnson, their co-owner and President, about these results and about atf in general. He assured me that everything looked good, and to not change it. I'll submit another sample in a yr. He said a yr from now my results would more than likely be similar to these result, good. But stuff happens, right? The cooler in the radiator could start leaking, etc. You never know, unless you send in a sample.

JG Lubricant Services contracts OAI/Polaris Labs to do the lab work, and they don't show the universal avg info on their reports. So I found somebody here on this forum recent results from Blackstone about Dexron VI and copied the universal avg #s here for our comparison. Thanks

My 07 Yukon Denali has 157,200 miles, and 4818 hrs, since new. 17 mths ago I purchased it from a used car lot without any mx records. 16 mths ago I removed the trans, etc so as to replace the engine rear main seal. While I had it out, I decided for preventative mx to replace the torque converter with a newly rebuilt HD one. I also removed and cleaned its pan, replaced the filter, and reinstalled w/10 qts of AC Delco Dexron VI.

The first #s below are what Blackstone Labs calls "universal averages" for 44k mile Dexron VI fluid out of a 6L80 trans.
The second #s are for my 6L80 trans and ACDelco Dexron VI ATF after 26k miles, and 16 mths in use.
As you can see, all of my #s are lower than the averages, as they should be.
Aluminum........ 22.......12
Iron..................98.......74
Copper..............49.......42
Manganese.......22........9
Boron................67.......66
Silicon...............22.......7
Sodium.............11........7
Calcium............84.......66
Phosphorus....209......170
Zinc..................15........6
Viscosity @ 100*C - acceptable is 5.1 to 7.9; mine is 5.7
acid# is .61, and the oxidation# is 17, both ok.

I found out about Tom around 2010 on a motorhome forum he contributes to.

Here's a link for JG Lubricant Services: https://jglubricantservices.com/productsservices.html

And here's a technical paper(4 page pdf) Tom authored. The last paragraph gives his impressive credentials: https://jglubricantservices.com/docs/Technical Information Sheet.pdf

Very cool. @swathdiver just did his atf with Blackstone. Could be an interesting comparison.

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Univ avg, then mine, then swathdivers
Aluminum........ 22.......12...….38
Iron..................98.......74...….74
Copper..............49.......42...….35
Manganese.......22.......9.....….13
Boron................67.......66...….54
Silicon...............22.......7...…...6
Sodium.............11........7...…...3
Calcium............84.......66...…104
Phosphorus....209.....170......194
Zinc..................15........6...…..26
Viscosity @ 100*C - acceptable is 5.1 to 7.9; mine is 5.7; swathdivers is 5.41

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we're both in good shape Don! We're going to change it in the next few days, have one more large project in front of trans work. Going to keep oil changes on transmission and driveline between 36K and 42K miles from now on. A fella with a pickup runs Red Line trans fluid and picked up about 1 mpg and smoother shifts. That fluid is about 4x more expensive though. Never did a trans oil analysis that I know of.

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why you didn't answer :oops:!
I got a text message last night that read "here you go brother" from a xxx6020039. The # wasn't in my address book so I did nothing with it. It was immediately followed by a MMS message that my LiL flip Ph can't retrieve.
Was that you? If so, I'll put you in my address book. I can receive emails an normal texts(sms).

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I got a text message last night that read "here you go brother" from a xxx6020039. The # wasn't in my address book so I did nothing with it. It was immediately followed by a MMS message that my LiL flip Ph can't retrieve.
Was that you? If so, I'll put you in my address book. I can receive emails an normal texts(sms).
Lol, no I was only joking Don. But thank you tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14