USB-C Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2017 Yukon dual USB-A can be swapped with the newer USB-C and USB-A or USB-C/USB-A/SD CARD

USB-A.JPG

USB-A-C-SD.JPG

Attachments

• USB-C.JPG
    USB-C.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 17

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2017 Yukon dual USB-A can be swapped with the newer USB-C and USB-A or USB-C/USB-A/SD CARD

View attachment 385372

View attachment 385374
Pretty sure it will just plug in and everything should work. All of these that I have seen are just a USB hub regardless of what ports are on the front. It has a single mini USB plug on the back and a six-pin connector that provides power, ground, illumination and audio (if there is a 3.5mm AUX IN). I bought one of these to play around with and as long as you supply 12V and ground it can be plugged into a computer and everything works.

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok - thanks for the replies - I'll be the guinea pig.

Just ordered one on eBay hopefully here by the weekend...

1668715198226.png

Is there a preferred set of pry tools I should get - this is something I have procrastinated on buying since in the past you could get by with a mini flat blade screw driver most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018