Urethane bushings replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
Im about to go that route. Ive got 126k on the factory front end. Im going to redo everything. Any tips, pointers or write ups on removing and installing the bushings? Thanks

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are great, we run them on the race cars. Problem is they squeak...a lot. some guys put rubber back in for that fact. In my opinion, it is a truck, how good do you want it to handle? squeaks drive me crazy

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you grease them properly they will not squeak. I have them in and no squeaks.

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
i heard the same thing. as long as they are greased up they dont squeek...yea its a truck but when the stock rubber ones wear out and it becomes a safety issue thats when i want it to handle better...retorq did you have to press yours in?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope the old ones were heated and drilled out, once the shells were cleaned and greased (you use your old shells) the new stuff literally slipped in with a lil force. I had to use a weighted rubber mallet to drive the metal center in, that's about all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo