Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d0n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2007 Tahoe 4x4. I recently sold my cts-V and the Tahoe is now my primary vehicle and I plan to keep it for another year. Since the Tahoe is not the V, I was going to add a few upgrades to maybe get a tad more git'up&go.

It's got 95k miles. I do a lot of driving across the state for mountain bike races and rides. I'd like to not take away from reliable and relatively quiet/comfortable drive the tahoe.

Currently I have aftermarket 20's, leveling kit, cross drilled front rotors w/ Hawk pads, CAI, and that's about it. I just ordered new plugs, Magnecor wires, Hellwig rear sway bar, Black Bear Autocal, and I think that's all.

Anymore little power adders I can or should add prior to the BB tune? I'm not looking for cts-V speeds but I do think we can get a little better performance than what I'm getting today.

What about a cat back? I'm not opposed to exhaust I just don't necessarily want to hear it as I'm cruising along the highway at 75mph. I'm not really interested in doing headers, cam, heads, or anything else of that nature.

Summit has Wilwood 16" brakes on sale and I'm quite tempted but I just can't find any reviews on them and quite frankly I need to curtail my driving anyway.

Thanks in advance,
Don

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilwoods rock... we love ours! :D

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

how about a Corsa Touring exhaust? Mild mannered, sounds great, and gives results.

Might consider the installation of a Corvette Servo into your transmission too. That will prolong things a bit.

Your biggest and best purchase will be that Autocal, you are gonna LOVE the results!

OP
OP
D

d0n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wilwoods rock... we love ours! :D

How much better stopping power do you have? Is it 10% better stopping performance? That's what I'm really interested in. I put these brakes in a bind on the freeway avoiding a wreck and I was not impressed. Actually I was downright scared. I know this suv is WAY heavy but dang, that little event was a severe wake up call to me that I was no longer in a sports car.

Funny, before the Tahoe I drove Grand Sport Vette, Subaru STi, then the CTS-V. Tahoe is a BIG change in driving dynamics but it holds a lot of bikes and a lot of gear. It's a good change as I'm kinda tired of pushing a clutch after 10 years.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10%? no way. More than that. Significant increases.

OP
OP
D

d0n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
10%? no way. More than that. Significant increases.

So if you were stopping 60mph-0 in 140' before, now you're stopping in under 120'? I'm really curious about these brakes. When I talked with the tech's at Wilwood they told me somewhere between 7-15% shorter stopping differences but he didn't sound very confident or knowledgeable on actual performance.

liquidsmile

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I talked with Alex at Black Bear, He said that I won't see that much of a difference with an exhaust since the factory one is high flowing as it is.

OP
OP
D

d0n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I talked with Alex at Black Bear, He said that I won't see that much of a difference with an exhaust since the factory one is high flowing as it is.

Ya, I'm not doing anything else to the truck. Was going to get the Corsa but decided not to do anything else. Not sure this thing will be in my garage much longer. I'm hoping the dealer can get me fixed up with my electrical problems. If not something new will be taking its place.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea same here... apparently the CAI is way more important to get prior to the BB Tune

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Ya, I'm not doing anything else to the truck. Was going to get the Corsa but decided not to do anything else. Not sure this thing will be in my garage much longer. I'm hoping the dealer can get me fixed up with my electrical problems. If not something new will be taking its place.

What kind of electrical problems are you having?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chavez_212