2016 Tahoe Upgrades/Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MnnM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All!

I have a couple questions, hopefully some of you can answer! I am looking at doing some upgrades to my 2016 Chevy Tahoe LT V8 4WD now that I am out of the south and back in the midwest. Here is what I am thinking, if any of you have experience, suggestions, all are welcome.

Heated Seats - does anyone else's leather heated seats not get as hot as they should? They get WARM but that's about it. From what I read online that is normal according to GM due to people complaining about how hot the seats got. Would replacing/upgrading my seats fix this issue?

Steering Wheel - looking at upgrading that to a heated steering wheel.

Wireless Charging - is that even possible to put into an older model?

Apple Car Play - planning on upgrading that to be wireless and to be Android Auto compatible as well. How much of a ***** is it to do it myself? lol

Just recently had to drop a bunch of money into a brand new transmission back in February, so the known transmission issue is fixed now with an aftermarket one.

Also looking into solutions for my headlights. They don't seem to be as bright as they should be, even with replacing the bulbs.

Any other upgrades I should think about? Also, if any of you have pics of your Silver Tahoes with changed trim, bowties etc those would be appreciated as well for some inspo!

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seats - warm is good. Seats with heat and cool have perforated leather and get hotter.

I added the heated wheel to my 18 - its not the easiest thing as you need to pull the wheel and airbag, then replace the wheel and clockspring, but it wasn't super hard. There is a post on here about it.

AA/Carplay needs an updated HU 2017+.

Headlamps are terrible; I replaced with H1 LEDs off AMZ for cheap, and added H1 LED fogs as well (also found housings on AMZ and used a harness that turns them on with headlights from gen5diy) - very good visibility now.

As for more mods - do the Escalade mirror upgrade and the performance sway bars as they both improve your driving experience every time you drive...

BigPac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do we know how "hot" is hot on the heated seats, mine get warm, same as the steering wheel but not "hot". My old 07 escalade, you would have to turn the seat off and same as the steering wheel ?

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check crutchfield they might have an option for carplay or android auto adapter

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All!

I have a couple questions, hopefully some of you can answer! I am looking at doing some upgrades to my 2016 Chevy Tahoe LT V8 4WD now that I am out of the south and back in the midwest. Here is what I am thinking, if any of you have experience, suggestions, all are welcome.

Heated Seats - does anyone else's leather heated seats not get as hot as they should? They get WARM but that's about it. From what I read online that is normal according to GM due to people complaining about how hot the seats got. Would replacing/upgrading my seats fix this issue?

Apple Car Play - planning on upgrading that to be wireless and to be Android Auto compatible as well. How much of a ***** is it to do it myself? lol

Just recently had to drop a bunch of money into a brand new transmission back in February, so the known transmission issue is fixed now with an aftermarket one.

Also looking into solutions for my headlights. They don't seem to be as bright as they should be, even with replacing the bulbs.

Any other upgrades I should think about? Also, if any of you have pics of your Silver Tahoes with changed trim, bowties etc those would be appreciated as well for some inspo!
Apple CarPlay is an interesting subject. Motor Trend magazine says 87% of car buyers will not even consider a vehicle without Apple CarPlay. Nevertheless, GM has announced plans that they will no longer include Apple CarPlay on future models. Shocking, but true.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&Queens NY.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey All!

lights>

ballast (excellent quality)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113685340851

this wiring kit is ok, but change out the relay to a better brand

convert to wireless android>

jets

Reaction score
AA/Carplay needs an updated HU 2017+.

My 2016 Denali has wired CP/AA stock. It was 2015's that did not have it FWIR

I had a 15 Escalade that I upgraded to a newer HU with CP/AA

isxi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone swap 2015 LT heated (dont heat) lower seats without perforation with 2020 Suburban LTZ lowers with perforation? I don't need the AC function just the heated. Was not sure if they were plug and play or if I will have to perform some wiring magic. At the very least the lowers get a new facelift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan