Upgrades!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

paradise

Reaction score
We'll find out soon enough :)

The lights get here tomorrow, so if I have time I'll throw them in and hope for the best. Worst case scenario, I'll run the stockers w/ HIDs...

OP
OP
P

paradise

Reaction score
Headlights - http://www.shop.3bspecialties.com/3...evy-SPY-PRO-YD-CSUB07-HL-BK.htm?categoryId=-1

Tails - http://www.shop.3bspecialties.com/3...PY-ALT-YD-CSUB07-LED-SM-175.htm?categoryId=-1
ALT-YD-CSUB07-LED-SM.jpg

I'm hoping the smoked tails look good. I'm starting to think I should have just went with black housings, not the smoked lens.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Love the headlights. I decided that if I go that route those will be the ones I get. Definitely post some pics! The tails will be a much easier install so you'll find out soon if you like them or not.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the headlights. I think they're a terrible design. The way they turn upward in the corners (despite having to fill a square space) is not a good look, imo. But, hell, maybe you'll install them and love them. :)

OP
OP
P

paradise

Reaction score
To each their own right? You can't make everyone happy LOL

I actually like them...

TREYR8D

Reaction score
Post some pics of the new headlights when you get them in. I've been eying the same ones for some time and would also like to hear how the projector lenses perform in them.

OP
OP
P

paradise

Reaction score
All right, I got the headlights and tail lights put in tonight. The tails took all of about 5 minutes, the headlights were another story altogether HAHA.

First off, the H1 bulbs from DDM are larger around than a standard H1 bulb. No big deal, bust out the dremel and make the hole a little bigger. I then wrestled the stock lights out trying my best to avoid scratching the bumper (yeah right!).

Like a dumbass, I put the new lights in without checking the beam pattern of the projectors to make sure everything was good. Needless to say, after getting everything all buttoned up, it looked like crapola (sorry no pic).

So, out come the lights, and then I play around with the bulb to see if I can get the pattern to look right. After a few minutes, I figured out that the HID H1's are a little longer than the standard H1s, so I need to get a spacer for between the bulb and the housing (projectors at this point seem like a real pain :)).

So off I go to make a couple spacers that are just the right size to hold the light where I need it. I made them out of some rigid plastic I had lying around, and called it good. Reinstalled the lights and took it for a drive. The pattern was OK, but by the time I got back it seemed worse. Out come the lights... AGAIN! At this point I was more than a little frustrated, so I quickly made some metal spacers and threw them in. A little adjusting, and now the lights are usable. The pattern is a little strange (I think I may have jostled something internal, but I can deal with it and they are much better than the stockers.

Here is a pic of the lights all installed
IMG_6857.jpg
IMG_6859.jpg

I really liked the Halo rings and LEDs so I hooked them up to the low beams.
IMG_6871.jpg
IMG_6875.jpg
IMG_6874.jpg (Nice Natural Lens Flare)
IMG_6872.jpg

The beam pattern like I said is a little weird, and certainly not perfect. BUT, for under $200 its hard to complain...
IMG_6869.jpg

And the brights are fantastic!
IMG_6876.jpg

The tails look really nice too
IMG_6861.jpg
IMG_6867.jpg

You can see how bright the headlights are in this pic
IMG_6868.jpg

Ok, enough typing, I'm off to bed after an ICDB.

Later

Zack

PS: Got the DJM kit from the UPS man today, so that hopefully will go in this weekend!

Last edited: