Upgrades!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paradise

Reaction score
Installed the new 24's yesterday. Painted the grill and installed the red door handles today (had chrome before). Also painted the LTZ emblems to see how they would look black.

To Do List:
Color Matched mirror caps
Install 3/5 drop
Paint "Tahoe" emblems
New headlights (Projector HIDs)
New Tail lights (Smoked LEDs)
Anything I'm forgetting? LOL

How do you think it looks so far?

EDIT**Put in a before Pic

Attachments

• IMG_6853.jpg
    IMG_6853.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_6855.jpg
    IMG_6855.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_6856.jpg
    IMG_6856.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 1GNFK13077J353627-0[1].jpg
    1GNFK13077J353627-0[1].jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love it. But please don't ruin it with those ricey halo "projector" headlights! :(

Unless you get the custom-made ones that only have projectors (no cheesy LEDs and halos). That would look really nice.

Painting the emblems is a first I've seen so far (not saying it hasn't been done). Sounds awesome, can we get an up-close shot?

Welcome btw. :D

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it. But please don't ruin it with those ricey halo "projector" headlights! :(

Unless you get the custom-made ones that only have projectors (no cheesy LEDs and halos). That would look really nice.

Painting the emblems is a first I've seen so far (not saying it hasn't been done). Sounds awesome, can we get an up-close shot?

lol, take it you dont like the aftermarket halos huh? I think there are a few that arent too bad!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They look good on some cars but not Tahoes! I have seen an NNBS Tahoe here with them and it looked horrible. But I really like the custom set that just has the projector conversion, they look amazing. The halo headlights don't even use the projectors if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
P

paradise

Reaction score

Well the lights I have on order have the Halos and LEDs. I don't know if I will hook them up though (just playing it by ear)... I'm definitely going to hold onto the stockers though to make sure I like the new ones.

t_PRO-YD-CSUB07-HL-BK.jpg

I'll post up some more pictures as I progress through the build.

Thanks

Zack

Last edited:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might be able to pull them off. If it were me I'd snip the wire to those LED's and halos, then just reroute the light to actually go through the projectors.

Posting pictures is always appreciated here, so thanks!

OP
OP
P

paradise

Reaction score
The low beams go through the projectors on this one, the highs are just a standard reflector style lens.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hm. Then I'd just cut those wires! Haha. Although it would depend on the light output those aftermarkets give. They might not have good beam patterns, or could melt with HID's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbo6111

Latest posts