Upgraded to an NNBS Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man just so you know, I got the $14 remote today and it works like a champ. Ebay FTW.

Thanks for the update, good to hear. I stopped by the dealership this morning to confirm my suspicions, and I was right - the 6 button remote is what I should have. I asked for a quote, $90 each. Screw that. I got on e-bay about 5 minutes ago and ordered two brand new 6-button remotes and two uncut chipped ignition keys for $88 shipped...less than the price of ONE remote at the stealership. Ebay FTW, indeed.

Now I just have to deal with ripping the damn applique off of the back to replace the stupid liftgate switch. Ugh.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Congrats on the new rig!

Thank you!

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to take my dash apart and replace the worn out buttons on the climate control tonight.

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your dash turned out great, Kieth. I got my new remotes in the mail last week, along with two brand new Circle+ Chevy keys, still in the GM packaging. Got the remotes programmed within a few seconds (super easy w/ the DIC prompts) and they work great. The company was MrRemote on ebay, they are based out of Canada. Just need to go to the dealership and have the keys cut from my VIN, then that whole process will be done.

On another note, the remote start worked twice then stopped working lol...it goes to fire up, then it just clicks like the solenoid went bad or something. Oh well, at least I can access my liftgate and glass with the remote now, and not worry about replacing the the button in the rear applique for a while. What a ****** design...

Now I just need to figure out my P0446 code and get plates on the truck, and life is good.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
On a note about the remote start. I think you mentioned a cel code? To my knowledge remote start doesn't function with the cel on.

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a note about the remote start. I think you mentioned a cel code? To my knowledge remote start doesn't function with the cel on.

Well imagine that. I feel a lot better about it now, thanks man. Interesting that they'd choose to make a CEL disable the system, but I suppose it makes sense to keep the engine from getting screwed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn