Upgraded to an NNBS Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats going on guys. Long time member of the site, hung out primarily in the NBS forum back when I had my '00 Yukon. Still rocking my 02 Suburban but it's on it's last legs at 250K. I had a mildly built 100 series Toyota Land Cruiser (2000 model year), which was a beast off road, but the older interior and lack of modern creature comforts left me missing my GM trucks!

After a few months of keeping my eyes open, I found a clean 2007 NNBS Tahoe LT 4x4, and promptly traded in the cruiser for it on Saturday! The new ride is black on tan leather w/ quad buckets, factory rear DVD, sunroof, power rear liftgate, etc and other than a few minor cosmetic blemishes for higher mileage truck, it's everything I want in a newer Tahoe. I was grinning ear to ear the whole way home. I can't get over how badass the NNBS trucks sound, even without any intake/exhaust mods!

Pardon the fact that I only have a couple crappy pictures of it, it's getting a paint blemish on the roof fixed later this week, and a thorough detail job. More to come.

IMG_20130427_183003_zps94e79744.jpg
IMG_20130427_215453_zpseaab10d3.jpg

Now, a few questions for you guys that are in the know.

1. The truck only came with one key and a generic 3-button key fob (lock/unlock/panic). I want to order more keys and fobs, but I'd really like to take advantage of the factory 6-button remotes so that I can pop the liftgate/glass from outside the truck and start it from inside the house. I'm fairly certain that the truck has the OEM remote start system installed - RPO code AP3 is present on the glove box sticker, and when I access the DIC it gives me the option to turn remote start function on and off. If I order the 6-button remote, all I need to do to get all of the functions working is program the remote using the DIC, right? Or is there more to it than that?

2. I'm a big fan of aftermarket intakes, and I'd like to get one before I call up Jenna and Justin at Black Bear for a tune. Anyone have an opinion one way or the other on the Volant intakes? I've run K&N and AEM tubes on my last few trucks, but I'm leaning more toward the quieter self-enclosed airbox that Volant provides. Thoughts?

3. Not sure if I want to lift this one or not, but how large of a tire can I stuff onto the factory 17's before I need to trim/lift? Or is a leveling kit pretty much mandatory if you want to run bigger tires?

Now, the obvious question - first mods?

LT badges are coming off, the rest of the badges are getting blacked out, paint is getting buffed and Zaino'd, 15% tint all the way around, intake, and tune. I've got my hands full. :Big Laugh:

Looking forward to getting to know the NNBS crowd!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome back!! Justin will actually be in your neck of the woods this weekend....

We did a test on intakes, best bang for your buck is the AirAid. We sell all major brand names, so feel free to give me a holler if you want a quote!

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks Jenna! Damn...this weekend huh? Might be a hard sell for the wife but if the Airraid kit isn't that expensive and you're still offering the LE discount on tunes (;)) I might be able to swing it. I'll check your vendor section for info on that.

Thanks again!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome back and congrats on the upgrade :happy160:

X2

1. I would go to the dealer and give them the vin to get the correct remote. To me, that would be one thing worth the dealer price

2. AirAid Jr. Ftw!

3. I'd at least level it. I love the way a NNBS looks with a little lift on 20's with meaty tires

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just bought an 07 LT as well. Mine also only came with on key and remote so I ordered a second set off ebay for $23 I should get them this week, I'll let you know how they work out. Hopefully I'll be able to program them myself. So far I have ordered a full set of weathertechs, a new digital climate control (my buttons were worn off), and a SLP resonator delete kit. How many miles are on yours?

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome back and congrats on the upgrade :happy160:

Thanks man! Loving it so far!

X2

1. I would go to the dealer and give them the vin to get the correct remote. To me, that would be one thing worth the dealer price

2. AirAid Jr. Ftw!

3. I'd at least level it. I love the way a NNBS looks with a little lift on 20's with meaty tires

Good to head about the Airaid, seems like a great upgrade. Is the extra money for the dry filter worth it? I hate oiling the damn things.

Calling the dealership later today about the remotes, too.

Hey, I just bought an 07 LT as well. Mine also only came with on key and remote so I ordered a second set off ebay for $23 I should get them this week, I'll let you know how they work out. Hopefully I'll be able to program them myself. So far I have ordered a full set of weathertechs, a new digital climate control (my buttons were worn off), and a SLP resonator delete kit. How many miles are on yours?

Please let me know, I found some decently priced remotes on Amazon as well as iKeyless.com, but I need to confirm what's going to work with my truck before I drop any money on them.

Truck has 110K on it, but doesn't show much interior wear at all. Seats are in great shape. Carpets could use a shampooing as there are a few stains here and there, and there paint could use a polishing, but judging from the rock chips and pitting in the windshield, most of the miles were were highway miles. There were only two previous owners, and Carfax service records show it was dealer maintained here in CO its entire life. Runs like a dream. My burb has 250k on it and still runs STRONG - it's just everything else that is nickle and diming me. If I can keep the rest of the truck looking and working well, this Tahoe will last me well into 300K I'm sure.

Let the mods begin!

Ha, you know it bro. :cool:

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man just so you know, I got the $14 remote today and it works like a champ. Ebay FTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman