Updated valve cover (for PCV) details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reckon it would be fine to get the one made for yours and leave it plug and play; no messing with changing hose sizes. Or modify your original since that's an easy task for you!

PN# 12571609 is the one that was installed by GM on my truck in December 2016.

Thanks for that number, James. I'll see if I can find a part number on my VLOM when I make it back out to the shop. I hope it's the new design cuz that's an expensive part!

I'm gonna see if the dealer has the updated valve covers for both engines so I can compare them in person.

I'm all for keeping it simple but was just trying to take TWO updated oil control measures in one shot if they were possible and at half the cost. As I often do, I'm probably just overthinking this. Mine doesn't really burn all that much oil, anyway. Maybe half a quart at 5,000 miles.

omandave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did not get the new OEM part I purchased the dorman brand version of the new part through Rockauto...
I bought the Dorman 264-969 for around $45... it has a lifetime warranty vs 12 months for the 12642655 oem...
I replaced the PCV and its hose as part of the rebuild since the original hose was oil soaked.

the VLOM
I got the Dorman product, Dorman 917-162 also from Rockauto. I paid about $131 for it. again lifetime warranty vs OE@ 12 months.

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Here are some current photos of my stock valve covers.

2007 retired police Tahoe 5.3lt

For some reason the passenger side is really clean looking but not so much on the driver side.

IMG_0077.jpg IMG_0081.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not get the new OEM part I purchased the dorman brand version of the new part through Rockauto...
I bought the Dorman 264-969 for around $45... it has a lifetime warranty vs 12 months for the 12642655 oem...
I replaced the PCV and its hose as part of the rebuild since the original hose was oil soaked.

the VLOM
I got the Dorman product, Dorman 917-162 also from Rockauto. I paid about $131 for it. again lifetime warranty vs OE@ 12 months.

Consider this, for such a critical component, the warranty matters little if it is not known for being reliable as it affects so much else in this case. Not saying the part is inferior, I have no idea unlike the Dorman TECM for the transmission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soon I'm going to install GM# 12570427 valve cover, $115 from Amazon, because my catch can is catching 1 oz per 100 miles, NOT Good! Hopefully this updated VC will decrease oil consumption/accumulation dramatically.

Good lawd!

Please post your results after the valve cover!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan