Under back seat speaker box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
HOLD THE PHONE.... my truck has a ******* sub? how do i get to this thing, i needs replacing, its a totally *****

yea if you got bose. you got a sub. My silverados sub has been unhooked and replaced with a 1000W sub under the seat. So much better.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey RT how did you get a 1000w sub to fit under the seat (which seat)?
What type is it?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Hey RT how did you get a 1000w sub to fit under the seat (which seat)?
What type is it?

Its a Rockford fosgate and its in the silverado. Which has about 15" of space under the rear bench seat. Its in a custom build Ported box. amps for the speakers and sub on one side, sub on the other. Only negative is I lost all my underseat storage. The sub is only raited for 500 RMS. I know im pumping DOUBLE the reccommended wattage to it. But almost a month now and its not blown, When it blows I will put a W7 12 JL in its place.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh ok I got you now, though you had it under one of the fronts.
These newer Tahoes have no good option for getting some good bass w/o either spending a forture, or taking up half the freakin car!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
bose has the 6" sub, firing forward in the console.
Crutchfield has a QLogic box that holds downfiring 10's under the middle seat.

OP
OP
T

TBsTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Checked out Crutchfield.com and the want $250+ shipping. That's a ton for a box. I'm going to look locally. I've seen them for $100 at audio shops

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked out Crutchfield.com and the want $250+ shipping. That's a ton for a box. I'm going to look locally. I've seen them for $100 at audio shops

careful, some are cheap particle board with carpet on them....yuk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019