Interesting Discovery Under Hood Fuse Box...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When renting storage units, we put down borax along the perimeter and often put the boxes on pallets. This I think helps reduce mold on non-airconditioned units and one time would have prevented loss of stuff when a tornado ripped the roof off and water flooded the floor by about 1/2 an inch.

We use borax in the garage too. I didn't know drier sheets also work against rodents.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When renting storage units, we put down borax along the perimeter and often put the boxes on pallets. This I think helps reduce mold on non-airconditioned units and one time would have prevented loss of stuff when a tornado ripped the roof off and water flooded the floor by about 1/2 an inch.

We use borax in the garage too. I didn't know drier sheets also work against rodents.
Yes, drier sheets work and I know about the granulated soap around the edges. The rodents don't like the smell or walking across the powder.

OP
OP
SilverSport

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my case, no animal infestation...no damaged wiring, no feces, no urine...no nothing...it has not returned and I still check it often...possibly something done when under prior ownership...

a previous F150 I had I used mothball packets to keep squirrels out who had tried to make their Winter home under its hood...only downside was smelled like Grandma's house every time you drove it...

Good luck with yours...

lyncht1967

Reaction score
as others have said, check underneath of fuse box as well. get some peppermint oil (rodents hate the stuff) from dollar store and squirt some underneath and in top part of fuse box..had a critter once a few years ago..did that..and nothing since. i re-apply every other oil change

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts