Looking Back at 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to start a thread about where we went in 2023, so here it is:

This forum continues to be a wonderful place to share knowledge, ask for help, and simply be. I just wanted to draw attention to that.

I haven't done a history check myself, but may do so, given time, but does any of the advice or descriptions of work done stand out to any of you?

Do any of our contributors stand out to you?

Do any of our trucks stand out to you?

I figured I'd ask that, so we can discuss some of the best of 2023; and I'm asking y'all so I can group source memory. Mine just sucks.

Regardless, I also want to add happy new year to everyone, and may you get everything you need, some of what you want, and nothing you deserve. ;)

All the best,

Will

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, and my memory also sucks for this kind of stuff.

The one thread I absolutely loved was the recent one by @skpyle It was well written, good pictures and explanations, and a good dose of humor. Props on using all the little emogies!

Also, a shout out to @NickTransmissions for his willingness to jump in and share valuable knowledge whenever needed.

Plus the other usual members here that post good replies, humor, etc. I love to laugh, and really appreciate different takes on humor and situations!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Interesting year. After my long long long search, I got my 3 bay tool box I had been looking for. Myself and my girl have grown closer. I am doing more and more work out of the house here.

The forum just keeps growing. I encourage any interested members here to help @Shaggy out and check out his GMT400.com and GMT800.com forums. Become a supporting member at all of them so this forum and those others get better and better.

The admin/mods here are great. Fast to react and help members here. One thing I think would be better, at least for me anyway, is allowing more photos to be posted on a post in a thread. Now is 5 but 8-10 would be better.

I thank the members here for all the help I asked for through the year on my Z71 and any input given. Bar none, best forum I deal with. I am on the GMT400 and the GMT800 and a couple Glock gun forums and GMTNation for my girl's 2002 TrailBlazer.

IMO, it can only get better from here.

Last edited:

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my 2005 GMC Yukon Denali near the end of June 2023 and have been enjoying it very much since...this Forum and its members have been helpful with fixing some of the issues I have come across as well as the felt fellowship...thank you

Bill

ZEUS1

Reaction score
i Completed my 5.3 motor build for my 06. I am on hold now installing it so i can collect some more parts. I want new hoses, belts, pumps ect. I also want to thank the members here for the knowledge they have shared. There is a ton of great advice.
1705069920738.png1705069962727.png1705070006044.png1705070046031.png

Last edited:

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll jump in here.

Some of you may have already seen my posts, but this year I purchased a 2007 Infiniti QX56. Always liked the look of them and I'm a sucker for anything with a V8. Anyway, it was in kinda rough shape with minor things to fix, but hey, I like a project, so I proceeded. I looked around and found the ClubArmada forum and registered there. Funny thing is just how night and day that forum is from this one. There, you'll post a question, and it may or may not ever receive a response. Or if you do, it's just a few responses from the die-hard members.

I log on here and it's like a big family gathering. Everyone active, everyone engaged and responding, sharing knowledge, and supporting one another. And these rigs are even older than my QX56!

Long winded post, but my point is you can really tell when you are in the right place with the right vehicle that people know and love. So, thank you.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'll jump in here.

Some of you may have already seen my posts, but this year I purchased a 2007 Infiniti QX56. Always liked the look of them and I'm a sucker for anything with a V8. Anyway, it was in kinda rough shape with minor things to fix, but hey, I like a project, so I proceeded. I looked around and found the ClubArmada forum and registered there. Funny thing is just how night and day that forum is from this one. There, you'll post a question, and it may or may not ever receive a response. Or if you do, it's just a few responses from the die-hard members.

I log on here and it's like a big family gathering. Everyone active, everyone engaged and responding, sharing knowledge, and supporting one another. And these rigs are even older than my QX56!

Long winded post, but my point is you can really tell when you are in the right place with the right vehicle that people know and love. So, thank you.
I know what you mean. I am in the GMT400 forum, another @Shaggy forum, and it is busy and lots of responses and good people. I work on vehicles at home and I needed some info for a 4Runner and an FJ Cruiser. The help at 2 4Runner forums was almost non existent. I tried 2 FJ forums and one was real good, like this forum, the other was crap.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first discovered the concept of online forums back before I had my
Yukon, when I had my 2001 Durango limited, when I’d found Dakota-Durango.com. I’d learn some interesting knowledge there and the few makeover so interacted with were peasant and knowledgeable. But much like a lot of forums the site wasn’t super active.

That all changed though when I sold my Durango, and started doing research on the GMT800 platform. Found TYF via googling some common experienced issues, made an account, and a couple weeks later ended up finding and brining home my 2006. I absolutely love this community, how insanely active it is everyday, and the wealth of knowledge that’s is so freely shared about these rigs. Such a great place. I’ve even been able to advise clients with different generations of GMs on issues they experience just because I’m familiar enough with them from reading through threads here and that has been such a valuable asset to my detailing business. I love being able to tell my clients, “hey if you ever have any odd issues with your rig tell me about and I’ll research it for you and see what I can come up with”.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think finding out the center link can be installed backwards is a highlight for me.

Getting to know many of the members better is a great plus as well!

And like stated above, helping other with their vehicular problems has helped me learn more about my own ride.

You all are great and look forward to another year on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan