Uh oh...towed to the dealership at 29K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280YUK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:(

Went to pass somebody last weekend and heard a pop while accelerating. Initially just thought something was in the road but came to a stoplight shortly after and the idle got REAL rough, almost like it was going to die, got even worse on acceleration. Drove fine when not at a stop/idle. CEL was flashing and steady traction control light. Smell of gas like odor when I finally got it home. I called dealer and they advised not to drive it, so had it towed to them and currently waiting diagnosis.

Bought it certified used so came with 12 mo/12k warranty. Hopefully whatever it is, it's all covered.

OP
OP
5280YUK

5280YUK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: Dealer says exhaust manifold. Good news is covered under warranty, bad news is they are saying they are having a hard time finding parts so no time frame for the fix. When I asked about a courtesy vehicle, they basically said they didn't have one. Told them that since it was CPO, I should get a courtesy vehicle, they are now pawning me off to management. We'll see how this goes....

markni12301

Reaction score
Pawning off to management isn't too terribly bad. If that manager doesn't address your concerns about your issue and situation then go see that person's manager. Same with that person...keep going up the chain. Hopefully some manager and maybe ultimately the owner will take action. Just be non-emotuonal, logical, yet firm. What you're describing is understandable but you should not be left without a vehicle just because you bought from this dealer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: Dealer says exhaust manifold. Good news is covered under warranty, bad news is they are saying they are having a hard time finding parts so no time frame for the fix. When I asked about a courtesy vehicle, they basically said they didn't have one. Told them that since it was CPO, I should get a courtesy vehicle, they are now pawning me off to management. We'll see how this goes....
that's a odd one I drive the life out of mine and have for years and never had a issue with oem manifolds, headers on the other hand nothing but problems I have cracked and broken a few, so much that I gave up on having headers. I have had the exhaust manifold bolts break and cause a leak at cold start but that's about it.
Never heard of a oem exhaust manifold giving up the ghost, not on a v8 GM anyway

OP
OP
5280YUK

5280YUK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

The dealership that it's at now is not the one I bought it from which is why I've been patient and understanding. I read in my paperwork about the CPO loaner vehicle so I asked about it since if this is going to take a while, being down one vehicle might start to impact our schedules.

Also thought the diagnosis was strange so I asked the person who I thought was my service advisor, since she is the only one I have mostly spoken to, for a copy of the paperwork/diagnosis (mostly so I can also try to search for this part that apparently is nowhere to be found) instead of saying she'll email it to me she asks me, who is your service advisor?? I was like, ma'am, you are the only person I've talked to so if there is someone else that I should be speaking to, please re-direct my call. She told me that persons name and that they were on the phone and would call me back, never did. I tried them yesterday and they were off, so trying again in the morning.

This whole situation is beginning to make me nervous.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You said it ran bad but never mentioned anything about exhaust noise. Was there any extra noise? The manifold problem sounds suspicious.

OP
OP
5280YUK

5280YUK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right, I never heard an excessive exhaust noise which is why I'm concerned.

Now that I think of it, the lady I've been talking to said that the exhaust is one of the major parts needed for repair that they can't find. So I'm wondering if the actual problem isn't something else? Which is why I asked to see the paperwork/full diagnosis....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts