Uh oh...towed to the dealership at 29K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, I never heard an excessive exhaust noise which is why I'm concerned.

Now that I think of it, the lady I've been talking to said that the exhaust is one of the major parts needed for repair that they can't find. So I'm wondering if the actual problem isn't something else? Which is why I asked to see the paperwork/full diagnosis....
I would call them back in the morning and if you still get any kind of run around ask to speak to the "service manager", that will be your go-to guy unless you need to higher up which would be the dealer general manager.
or better yet when you call in the morning typically you just get a receptionist who ask how can i direct your call? and just ask for the service manager.

OP
OP
5280YUK

5280YUK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would call them back in the morning and if you still get any kind of run around ask to speak to the "service manager", that will be your go-to guy unless you need to higher up which would be the dealer general manager.
or better yet when you call in the morning typically you just get a receptionist who ask how can i direct your call? and just ask for the service manager.

Appreciate it, that will be the plan.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Right, I never heard an excessive exhaust noise which is why I'm concerned.

Now that I think of it, the lady I've been talking to said that the exhaust is one of the major parts needed for repair that they can't find. So I'm wondering if the actual problem isn't something else? Which is why I asked to see the paperwork/full diagnosis....
Exactly! I am still not buying the original diagnosis but I could be completely wrong.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that still doesn't work since they have a bad habit of not returning calls no mater what their position in the company is, typical Dealer BS, then I would drive my happy a$$ down there and find out whats going on.

OP
OP
5280YUK

5280YUK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been out of town for work and while out of town, spoke to my supposedly true "service advisor" who still wasn't very forthcoming with info but he did tell me it was code 0300. When I looked that up (misfire) seemed more like what I had experienced and I still couldn't put together how the exhaust manifold has anything to do with it.

I got back home last night and decided to pay them a visit this morning...

I began talking to my "service advisor" and as he was trying to figure out who I was, as I was explaining who I was, another gentleman who I believe was the service manager interrupted and said he could help. He proceeded to tell me that the lifters are being replaced and one part they need is on backorder, can't remember the exact name but it was oil manifold or something like that??

Anyway, he was obviously way more knowledgeable about what was going on and apologized for all the miscommunication. Parts MIGHT be in by the end of next week and hopefully have it back the following week.

I felt better when I left but will feel even better when I get it back.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, the word "manifold" was the confusion? Thought was exhaust but is actually a manifold having something to do with the oil flow? They should come right out and tell you, dammit. They should have documentation already about what problem is and the needed repair.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifter manifold oil assembly (LOMA) which controls the AFM. Makes sense seeing as you had AFM issues and misfiring. Probably just got lost in translation...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu