Uca and camber issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Here is a thread from GMFS.COM
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203463

I'm not saying do or don't, need or want, should or shouldn't, flip arms.
But think doing camber or caster kit, offset bushing first, before flipping arms if not necessary.

M Hankel- seems a bunch going from below in that thread. But also all bagged and laying out. So appears necessary to get that low.
IDK tho

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a thread from GMFS.COM
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203463

I'm not saying do or don't, need or want, should or shouldn't, flip arms.
But think doing camber or caster kit, offset bushing first, before flipping arms if not necessary.

M Hankel- seems a bunch going from below in that thread. But also all bagged and laying out. So appears necessary to get that low.
IDK tho

I read that exact thread you linked last night also when I was researching the flip mod. Seems there is more than one way to skin a cat in this case and the term "flip" can mean more than one thing depending on who you're talking with. Just like when I was growing up the term "WIP" meant a "work in progress" like a lowered truck in primer or something, now it seems like it just means someone's ride in general..... Maybe I'm just old lol....

Yeah I think if you're intentions are to get super low, either with bags or adjustable coil overs etc..., then putting the ball joint in from the bottom makes more sense to reduce the ball joint angle. Otherwise I think the OP would be better off with the cammed/offset bushings.

Mike

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you put the ball joints in the spindle from the bottom side then?

Mike

No, for the upper flip you press the upper ball joint in on the opposite side and flip the a-arm around and it still enters the spindle from the top. This does not help camber/caster in any way. All that it does is help ball joint angle therefore increase its life span.

The bagged guys also flip the bottom ball joint but don't flip the arm. You have to ream out the spindle so that the ball joint can go in from the bottom side. This helps tremedously, along with raising the upper control arms, with the camber curve.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Also for the OP. You can purchase the arms with the new offset bushings and MOOG ball joints already installed for pretty much the same price of new MOOG ball joints. I found this out when purchasing new upper ball joints. I already had too much positive camber so I couldn't have ran the new arms with offset bushings or I would have had even more positive camber.

Last edited:

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Hey Trace (MeanGreen03) Can you post a pic of your front setup? And side shot? You have drop arms and spindles right? Just wanting to see what it looks like. I have been contemplating throwing on some DJM arms I've got laying around. But want to see what the front would look like with both drop comps installed. And how low it gets.

Thanks

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Ya I know. Asking to see his drop setup. Not upper arm setup. Pretty sure I read he has lower drop arms and drop spindles. That's what I want to see a pic of. I Just have never actually seen a pic of Tahoe dropped with arms and spindles, or setup that is. Seen supposed side shots, but never the actual suspension setup.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Trace (MeanGreen03) Can you post a pic of your front setup? And side shot? You have drop arms and spindles right? Just wanting to see what it looks like. I have been contemplating throwing on some DJM arms I've got laying around. But want to see what the front would look like with both drop comps installed. And how low it gets.

Thanks

Sure thing, will do. I'm switching my rims so I'll have the wheel off anyway. I bent a rim but they are discontinued and I can't find a set with the backspacing I need so I'm going back to a stock setup. But forewarning my tahoe doesn't sit as low as others with the same components for some reason. I have yet to figure out why...

Last edited:

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go:

IMAG0086.jpg
IMAG0087.jpg
IMAG0092.jpg
IMAG0090.jpg

Mind you, I'm also body dropped. Like I said I have no clue as to why I don't sit much lower.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Only difference is spindle but you should sit a lot lower. How much are your key bolts turned in?

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only difference is spindle but you should sit a lot lower. How much are your key bolts turned in?

My drivers side is all of the way in and the passengers side is all of the way out. The passengers side is still a tad higher but I'm out of adjustment. I'm pretty much the same height all of the way around so I'm ok with it. It really wouldn't be too drivable if it were much lower with my 24's unless I got some smaller tires.