Uca and camber issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image_zpse358e694.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]I been having problems with getting my tahoe aligned, I'm currently out of adjustment. I'm looking into which camber kit/part number to order. Also will flipping my uca effect the camber at all? My current set up is 2002 tahoe ls 4x4, 2500 keys with 2" belltech spindles and street performer shocks with z71 bumpstops. Sitting at 31.75 with 305/40/22

Last edited:

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I'm fairly positive flipping your UCA will do something horrible to your caster.

Autoanything.com would have the correct belltech camber kit for your truck.

For the NNBS the offer the offset bushing which help a lot and longer more adjustable cams for but to utilize that you have make the UCA adjustment slot bigger. I'd assume it's pretty similar for the NBS

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of the NBS Silverado guys doing the UCA flip mod. I don't know a lot about it but I was assuming they were running a special or modified spindle. Aren't the holes for the ball joints tapered? I'm assuming you would need to re-drill the hole to a larger size with a tapered drill bit with a specific taper angle. Maybe they're switching to a larger ball joint during the conversion?

The easiest method to fix your problem would be the offset bushing kit from Belltech. I have a set of them at home but I don't have the part number with me. I was planning to pick up a spare set of UCA's and install them. Then I found out how cheap brand new ones were on eBay with brand new ball joints already installed,,, pretty crazy actually. I think Dorman makes them.

Are you planning to go lower with your ride?

Mike

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Yes, Silverado guys have been doing it for awhile. But when they say flip, they don't mean installing bj from bottom. Actually flipping arm, usually switch sides, press bj out, and reinstall from top like stock.

But also seems to be for older style Belltech spindles, shouldn't need to be done anymore. But idk. I'll try n find some threads about it.

I run McGaughy spindles, so haven't dealt with this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
boozer

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be good if you find more threads about it. I read some on the performance truck forum, all they say you need to do when you switch your ball joint it make sure you chafed the ball joint hole so the ball joint will sit flush and sway the right for the left so the brake line will still bolt up to the a arm.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I do not an to go any lower. I'm pretty happy with the way it sits now.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, I'm not around my truck much anymore but if you want, I'll snap a pic of mine next time so you can see my bj angles w/ the offset bushings installed. My truck currently has drop spindles and keys. It aligned in spec with the fender height at 30 1/4" and I drove it for about a year w/ no problems. I'm currently at 31.5" now and it still aligns well.

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Silverado guys have been doing it for awhile. But when they say flip, they don't mean installing bj from bottom. Actually flipping arm, usually switch sides, press bj out, and reinstall from top like stock.

But also seems to be for older style Belltech spindles, shouldn't need to be done anymore. But idk. I'll try n find some threads about it.

I run McGaughy spindles, so haven't dealt with this.

See, I have read both ways now. I was checkimg out one of the "bagged nbs" threads just the other day and saw a pic of a stock upper arm flipped upside down with the ball joint mounted to the spindle crom underneath the upper spindle mounting location. Check out post number seven in this thread:

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177264

I would assume these uppers are also flipped from one side to the other to maintain proper camber unless the ball joint location is perfectly centered front to back?

Mike

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I flipped my uppers with no ill effects, just better upper ball joint angles. The arms are symmetrical so you don't need to swap sides.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
sure it wont touch the axle shaft?

I ususally do camber bushings for past 13 plus years no issues with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz