Camber issue with 06 Yukon with drop spindles and Viking coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the offset bushings from Belltech. What needs to be done to flip the upper control arms? I made this thread and then forgot about it because I don't get on forums as much as I used to. I have my wheels being fixed now, as soon as I get them back I'll throw the tires on the wheels and I was going to install those bushings, replace the front brake pads as soon as I figure out what pads the Brembo BBK I have uses, set the ride height and then get the truck aligned. Once I get all that done I will have the stereo installed and then move on to finishing up the performance upgrades I have for the LQ9.

You swap sides with the control arms- left arm on right side, right arm on left. This inverts the arms, so you have to press the BJs in from the other side. A member here did this somewhat recently on his NBS and posted pics showing the dramatic difference in BJ angle. Lemme see if I can dig up that post...

*EDIT* I can't find it, but I think it was @Byoung1330 that did this. If you Google around, there's talk of it and how-tos on other forums.

Last edited:

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6410A920-56A6-48F7-9CD2-23FF4F834076.jpegI’ve done the balljoint flip, and offset bushings.

I have a set of moog offset bushing arms with balljoints flipped for sale in the classifieds section right now.

Here’s the pics from my truck once I did this mod.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 354833I’ve done the balljoint flip, and offset bushings.

I have a set of moog offset bushing arms with balljoints flipped for sale in the classifieds section right now.

Here’s the pics from my truck once I did this mod.

What luck with you stepping in here! I confused you with Byoung1330. What all do you have for drop and camber correction?

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What luck with you stepping in here! I confused you with Byoung1330. What all do you have for drop and camber correction?
Michigan metal works camber cure uppers, and a bumpsteer kit got mine dialed in perfect alignment.

I could go 3” lower and still have no camber LOL. They are way longer than stock uppers.

Drilled and tapped a hole for the brake line,painted them
Black that was about it.
1636252683687.jpeg

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the best things I did for the ride quality was cut the steel cup off the frame for the oem front bumpstop. It was slamming against the control arm bad on big bumps.

So I installed belltech 4923 bumpstops flat against the frame. Rides great. Handles good. Alignment is good.

1636253290601.jpeg
1636253071958.jpeg

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have any camber/alignment issues after flipping the stock UCAs? I know this is primarily for BJ angle, but, I understood it to also help with camber.
Never tried it with “stock uppers”

Only tried it using moog offset bushing control arms.

They reduced the camber by 2.5 degrees, but I had 4 degrees of camber.

The belltech camber kit is a total waste of money, and made super flimsy also. Absolute junk quality.

In the pictures above I had Michigan metal works arms, combined with belltech camber cams… immediately swapped back to stock cams as the belltech cams would not clamp tight against the frame.

My truck required longer control arms. Which I purchased through Michigan metalworks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n