Tune...Suggestions Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I purchased the HP tune kit after I got the tune done. I did so in order to be able to send data back and forth if / as needed. Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I see you have a 2015. Tech 2 won't work for you.
the tech2 might work only as a passthru device, I see some techs mentioning it saving there butt when other methods were not working for programming, I have a tech2 and a 2108 but I haven't tried it yet, I have had it hooked up to tds web before on my 2012 and I recall seeing some options to select 2017's and older in the tds menu system. If it is even possible it would likely only apply to manufacture programming.

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Reaction score
I was considering Black Bear for a tune also. I also mainly just wanted AFM delete to avoid problems on my 2012. I ended up buying an HP Tuners programmer off Amazon and did it myself. Cost $280. You also have to buy credits to do the actual tuning. So, you are in just a little more money than a Black Bear tune. But you have the tuner to learn to do your own tune modifications in the future. This includes transmission tuning.
Watch a You Tube video on tuning. I personally like a tuner personality there called "Goat Rope Garage". He has lots of tips for using HP Tuners to do your own tuning. Main thing is not to try anything too radical, just small increments to see what happens. If you don't like what you see, load your original tune you saved before you started. File management is important. If your Yukon is running good save the tune before you make any tuning changes so you can at least go back where you started.
I also bought a Chinese Tech 2. A guy on here named Swathdiver seems to be a pro with this. Search for his posts on the Tech 2 topic.
Deleting AFM using HP Tuners is super easy. 1 click. Load. Done.
I will look into HP Tuners. Great idea regarding the youtube videos! Did you tune your transmission? I have the 6 speed so I know it can be tuned.

mainecrab

Reaction score
Good information about HP Tuners as well as changes that BlackBear can make. Did not realize that they would do tune changes but since I loaned the AutoCAL I guess that wouldn't have been an option for me. Either way recommend to run at least midgrade even if you are not tuned I believe.

bsprtsgrp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I take it that Blackbear and Diablo (via Diablew) are the only tuners for a 2017 6.2L Yukon Denali? And it would only be for the ECM, not the TCM? I am not familiar with HPTuners

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick