Tune...Suggestions Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It says 87. The rig runs fine when it's a top tier 87 gasoline but I was thinking of going to 89 if it would make a difference in mileage.

When I went to 89 it made a difference for me. Plus there are more additives in the 89 and will help keep fuel injection system cleaner.

After the 1st of the year I am going to use 91+ and see what happens with that for MPG.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently found out they can't do the tow/haul button alternate function for anything above the 4 speed, too much other electronics involved with it now I guess like the downhill grade braking, etc.
That’s too bad. My tow/haul functions as a haul ass button with my built 4l60 even though it’s not programmed for sport mode due to the supercharger I believe. All I know is that when I push it in, the shift point changes turn The Beast into Super Beast.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ Chris,

Where are you located? I ended up getting my tune for the Escalade done in Jacksonville soon after the headers were installed. Price was more than fair and we got it done with ~ a week's worth of coordination.

I did buy the HP tuner package after the fact so that in the future I can email tune info back and forth if / as needed.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Reaction score
I'[m south of Atlanta. Black Bear said they were not going to travel much next year. I was hoping to meet them in Atlanta.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well cool another member in the Southeast region... The guy that did my tune is in Jacksonville. I drove up from Central Florida and had the tune done on a Saturday morning. I can give you his info if you would like. Very nice knowledgeable guy. Hit me up on the PM if you're interested.

Thanks and good luck.

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Reaction score
Well cool another member in the Southeast region... The guy that did my tune is in Jacksonville. I drove up from Central Florida and had the tune done on a Saturday morning. I can give you his info if you would like. Very nice knowledgeable guy. Hit me up on the PM if you're interested.

Thanks and good luck.
Jacksonville is too far for me. Between work and kiddos I have very little time. This is why I was looking for tune like BB or someone similar. I really appreciate you trying to help out!

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure no problem. I can relate. No kiddos but do have a job that keeps me working out of state. So my time is limited as well. I send stuff out and do what I can to stage stuff to work on the rides when I am home for a few days per month or so.

Good luck.

Curt Hibbert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was considering Black Bear for a tune also. I also mainly just wanted AFM delete to avoid problems on my 2012. I ended up buying an HP Tuners programmer off Amazon and did it myself. Cost $280. You also have to buy credits to do the actual tuning. So, you are in just a little more money than a Black Bear tune. But you have the tuner to learn to do your own tune modifications in the future. This includes transmission tuning.
Watch a You Tube video on tuning. I personally like a tuner personality there called "Goat Rope Garage". He has lots of tips for using HP Tuners to do your own tuning. Main thing is not to try anything too radical, just small increments to see what happens. If you don't like what you see, load your original tune you saved before you started. File management is important. If your Yukon is running good save the tune before you make any tuning changes so you can at least go back where you started.
I also bought a Chinese Tech 2. A guy on here named Swathdiver seems to be a pro with this. Search for his posts on the Tech 2 topic.
Deleting AFM using HP Tuners is super easy. 1 click. Load. Done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons