Trying to purchase a Denali but ending up with IOUs. Should I drop down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suburbansince87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I made a build sheet for a Yukon Denali and it looks like tons of stuff is at risk... wheel locks, sliding console, park assist, automatic braking, heated steering wheel, 2nd row heated seats. I would drop down to an SLT but apparently Adaptive Cruise isn't an option on anything but the Denali trim?

Good lord I'm trying to look for reasons to not buy this but it is the only thing that comfortably fits all my kids and gear (I tried X7 and some others, just not enough room).

I don't think I'm ready to pay above MSRP for a lot of missing features... do we think any of them (like the parking assist) are going to be back this year?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ordered an SLT you would not end up with those items either would you? Wouldn't it make sense that if those aren't available on the top trim model they also wouldn't be available on lower models? Or are you just thinking lesser model with fewer options for lesser money?

OP
OP
S

suburbansince87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, sorry if I wrote that confusingly. I just meant why pay $85k for a bunch of missing features when you can pay $70k? Because I am a sucker and want ACC which is gated behind Denali I think.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't think that second row heated seats were nixed on Denali, maybe missed that one. Heated steering wheels aren't missing from Denali..and if they were, they'd be retrofited by dealer later, as will front/rear parking sensors (and by that, the emergency rear braking) The sliding console won't be available or retrofitted later, so you'd have to decide if that's good or bad. Don't worry about the wheel locks, they're worthless.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sliding consule I never use, acc is nice but then it forces u to drive slow so that’s no fun. I’d get the Denali but I wouldn’t pay over sticker

OP
OP
S

suburbansince87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Didn't think that second row heated seats were nixed on Denali, maybe missed that one. Heated steering wheels aren't missing from Denali..and if they were, they'd be retrofited by dealer later, as will front/rear parking sensors (and by that, the emergency rear braking) The sliding console won't be available or retrofitted later, so you'd have to decide if that's good or bad. Don't worry about the wheel locks, they're worthless.
This is great news if true on the parking sensors and braking!! I'll ask the dealer to track that down.

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree...I've had my 2022 HighCountry for a few weeks now and only used the sliding console a few times, mostly just playing with it. Other than the "hidden" storage area I don't see much use in it. I would be surprised if mine gets moved much at all......I also have 2 toddlers in the 2nd row so anything protruding out that they can kick or mess with is more of a pain than a nice feature...

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw in another thread around here someone complaining about the programmed following distances of the ACC on the 2021+ platform. Dealer told them it was normal. You might want to test drive one and see if it lives up to your expectations before you drop another $10K+ to get to the trim level for that feature.

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, I freakin love the sliding console because I can scoot it back just enough to put my purse. And will never buy a vehicle without ACC, I'm way too accustomed to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu