Trying to purchase a Denali but ending up with IOUs. Should I drop down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't think that second row heated seats were nixed on Denali, maybe missed that one. Heated steering wheels aren't missing from Denali..and if they were, they'd be retrofited by dealer later, as will front/rear parking sensors (and by that, the emergency rear braking) The sliding console won't be available or retrofitted later, so you'd have to decide if that's good or bad. Don't worry about the wheel locks, they're worthless.
Can you confirm where you heard that on the parking sensor retrofit? My dealership was under the impression that they wouldn't be retrofitted, given that they're listed in the constraint list (for reference heated seats/steering wheel aren't on the list).

Any insight is appreciated!

OP
OP
S

suburbansince87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@navyseal334 I found it! @Toasty is correct, those two features will be retrofitted.

I got the following disclosure from my dealer, not posting the whole PDF b/c I don't have time to scrub it. Here's the relevant part though:

AfgWRp7.png

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a build sheet for a Yukon Denali and it looks like tons of stuff is at risk... wheel locks, sliding console, park assist, automatic braking, heated steering wheel, 2nd row heated seats. I would drop down to an SLT but apparently Adaptive Cruise isn't an option on anything but the Denali trim?

Good lord I'm trying to look for reasons to not buy this but it is the only thing that comfortably fits all my kids and gear (I tried X7 and some others, just not enough room).

I don't think I'm ready to pay above MSRP for a lot of missing features... do we think any of them (like the parking assist) are going to be back this year?
I built a 2022 pickup truck and picked upgraded trim which comes with some options you are interested in. When I went to summary of build there was a drop-down option on options and as you go down list it would show items that weren't available on the trim level I picked and a negative price that would be taken off final price of vehicle.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh- it shows now on the GMC Yukon Denali build site that:
  • Certain vehicles built on or after 1-24-2022 will not be equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking
  • Feature will not function on certain models without dealer retrofit, expected Q4, 2022
  • Contact a dealer for details or check the window label for the features on a specific vehicle
I ordered a 2022 Yukon Denali that JUST was built. I’m dying to know if the damn thing won’t have parking sensors. That will be all sorts of annoying. Will report back as soon as I’ve got a photo of the window sticker, which will be a few weeks’ out as it has to make the trip from TX to MI.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh- it shows now on the GMC Yukon Denali build site that:
  • Certain vehicles built on or after 1-24-2022 will not be equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking
  • Feature will not function on certain models without dealer retrofit, expected Q4, 2022
  • Contact a dealer for details or check the window label for the features on a specific vehicle
I ordered a 2022 Yukon Denali that JUST was built. I’m dying to know if the damn thing won’t have parking sensors. That will be all sorts of annoying. Will report back as soon as I’ve got a photo of the window sticker, which will be a few weeks’ out as it has to make the trip from TX to MI.
I'd chat with GMC and ask what the build date was

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, did I luck out. Build date was 1/24 but confirmed I’ve got parking sensors and rear emergency braking.
Do you have the power sliding center console? I've got one I'm going to pick up as soon as it arrives at dealer - going to reach out to GMC and find out myself as soon as they open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh