Trying to diagnose a top of the engine oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John H Daniel

Reaction score
Following this as I have similar leaks. In my 2011 Denali w/ 192k miles.
Tried a suggestion I saw on Youtube; you can reach under the front of the IM and feel 2 of the VLOM bolts. Mine are loose, so makes the decision anyway to pull the IM and replace gaskets and oil pressure sensor, etc.

Maximus05Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been trying to fix an oil leak on my 2008 Escalade. Looks like it's running down both side of the block and leaving a lot of oil on the ground.

I have already done an oil pan gasket due to replacing the oil pickup tube O ring, the oil cooler block off, and the oil pressure sending unit. The OPSU was not leaking but was bad. Valve cover gasket area is dry on both sides. Doesn't appear to be a main seal.

I used a mirror and it looks like the leak is coming from just under where the oil pressure sensor is. Is this the valley plate or what else could it be?

Thanks
For sure could be valley pan gasket. do the knock sensors and harness while your there. Valve cover gaskets and intake gaskets too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy