True Dual Exhaust on a 2-Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
So, I bought a 1999 2-door z-71 Tahoe with 52,000 miles. It is completely stock, doesn't have a scratch on it and basically looks brand new inside and out. I love the truck but would like to have just a little more sound. As you guys are aware, it has dual exhaust with dual cats back to a single muffler & tailpipe. I bought two Dynomax turbo mufflers (love their sound) and took it to a muffler shop to have them chop off the stock muffler and weld in the two new mufflers with dual tailpipes, one on each side. The owner said no way, not enough room. He could run duals but would have to exit the tailpipes on the same side (passenger). I think that looks goofy, said no and left.

I know that I have seen two door Tahoes with dual exhaust. If you have one, can you post some pics and tell me how you did it? I think this guy suffers from a lack of imagination and inspiration.

rsz_img_1014.jpg

rsz_1rsz_img_1016.jpg

IMG_1012.JPG

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Can I ask how much you paid out of interest?

OP
OP
Colorado Yeti

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
Way too much, I am afraid to say..... $17,000. I did a nationwide search on Craigslist and finally found a Z-71 two door in the color I wanted in Georgia, which is a long way from Colorado. I totalled my Jeep Rubicon last December and insurance gave me a very healthy settlement, which allowed me to purchase this truck with nothing out of pocket. So I was okay paying it, although I know that I overpayed. But it was a $38,000 truck brand new (still have the window sticker), and it is practically brand new shape so I am okay with that.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. That is a lot of money. But there can't be many with less than 60k on the clock around. Mine had 63k when i bought it at 4.5 yo and I paid $18.5.

I hope it serves you well. Back to your twin exhaust question :)

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 door, but should be enough room on a 2 door. My 3” true dual exhaust will be done in the next couple of weeks, so will post pictures.

Macks2DrTahoe

Reaction score
Man that is a very nice 2 door. Over priced but you can't take it with you.

I just started my 2 door Tahoe project and I want dual exhaust too. I've checked with two shops in my area and they both indicated they would have to exit both tailpipes on the passenger side. If you find a different way please share.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update?

I have those same mufflers (Dynomax) on a 98 extended cab with true duals and wouldn’t mind having it on my two-door as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96_z71_pit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 96 2 door and got dual tailpipes to the back, i had it done like 15 or so yrs ago, not a problem, I'll try and post pics soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC