Truck smells like farts in the morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard some YouTube reviews complain that aging GM interiors, especially ones with the fake leather smell like sweat, wet dog, sour smells as they age. I have a 2003 suburban with the fake leather seats and even after shampooing the carpet twice I still have the damp, wet dog sour sweats smell especially after it’s been sitting overnight. I’m in the desert so dampness isn’t a problem. I guess I could Febreze the crap out of the carpet and seats?

I also have a 97 GMT 400 with cloth seats. No odd smells. So I’m blaming the fake leather.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Made any enemies?
:jester:

Not saying I ever had the thought or anything, but you can buy that stuff in Jars. :angels2:
I play a lot of "If, then How?!" games with myself.

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A rotten egg smell is usually an 02 sensor sending a false lean signal to the PCM, it tries to correct it by adding too much fuel.

If you disconnect one of the primary 02 sensors and the smell goes away on cold startup then you found the failing sensor; it will turn on the MIL light but it won't try to adjust the fuel with it disconnected.

I would try the passenger side first, if that doesn't make a difference I would reconnect it and try the drivers side the next day

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hey @RoadHoe … are you a real person or a 9 year old kid pretending to be a robot on the forum? Where’d you go Bro?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900