Truck died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corvette Scott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I remote started truck, got in to drive away and truck shut off, nothing worked. Fan went to high and all the lights turned on. GM picked it up ten hours later! First tow guy couldn't move it because it was in park. He put a jumper on it but nothing. Second guy did the same thing and it started. I had them take it to the dealer. Love the truck but GM service is awful.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See this thread especially posts #28 and #103, it is a known issue; resolved w/ an update to the BCM firmware.
That said, PIT5873D has recently been published indicating there may still be a few instances where it happens, even with the new firmware.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Corvette Scott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
See this thread especially posts #23 and #107, it is a known issue; resolved w/ an update to the BCM firmware.
That said, PIT5378D has recently been published indicating there may still be a few instances where it happens, even with the new firmware.

Thanks,
That was helpful and exactly what my truck did. I called the dealer and gave them the bulletin number. They said they never heard of that.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks,
That was helpful and exactly what my truck did. I called the dealer and gave them the bulletin number. They said they never heard of that.
Whether they heard of the bulletin number or not, they are supposed to be trained to get the info from the vehicle owner and document all of it and relay to the tech and the first thing the tech should do is search for related TSB's, tech service bulletins, and address as needed. The incompetence of some dealer shops amazes me. Yet another reason I will always own the NBS 2000-2006 rigs.

OP
OP
C

Corvette Scott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FYI, My SUV is a 2022 Yukon Denali XL built in July of 2022. I would think it had the latest software since it was near the end of model year production.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
FYI, My SUV is a 2022 Yukon Denali XL built in July of 2022. I would think it had the latest software since it was near the end of model year production.
Sorry, but you never want to assume on these rigs, especially for the new ones. I hope it all works out for you though.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remote start(ED) every time getting into my ride. Had the above happen the other day and have only remote started 1 time in my driveway just to see....no faith in it not happening again until I get the update. Pretty ****** feeling to not have faith in your new ride! "Shouldn't" need to have a 10mm wrench on stand by. /rant.over

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts